Game Thread: Tavern Brawl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
    [a 5-foot step avoids attacks of opportunity, and at level 3, 5, 7, and 9, casters get one more magic missile per cast.]
    I thought you could only take a step 'after' you attack?
    Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
      I thought you could only take a step 'after' you attack?
      [No. You can take your actions in any order; you don't need to wait until after you take your standard action to take a move action.]
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• [Anyway, so.]

Step forward and full attack Tavish:
        23/31 (crit confirm: 13)/25/20 v/s AC
        Damage: 18 (1 vicious)/12/15 (3 vicious)/9

Comment

• [Whoops, I didn't see that first post.

That reminds me, Chrs... you need to make percentile rolls to see if those actually hit me, including your first attack. ]
          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• [Would've been nice if you told me any visable effects on you ]

In order:
            4 (miss), 75, 63, 69, 93

Comment

• Eric gores Eil

to hit: 27 damage: 19

A dire wolf appears 40 ft in front of Farley and charges at Eil if she's still standing, or at Korangar if she isn't.

to hit nat 20: crit confirm to hit: 32 (I'll assume that's confirmed) damage: 35 if crit, 15 if not

trip attempt roll: 15

Farley morphs into a green lizard roughly his size with sharp-looking teeth and claws, and moves 20 ft closer to the action.
              --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• 'Shlak fires a bolt at Tavish from his hiding place, a sneak attack!'

To hit: 16+7=23 Damage: 1d4=4+ 4d6 (Sneak attack bonus)=4+3+3+3=17

'Shlak quickly ducks back into his hiding spot'

Roll for hide: 15+14=29-20=9

'Shlak loads another bolt into his hand-crossbow' (Free action)
                Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

• [Does that hide check apply to everyone? I assume it happened about 40 ft in front of Farley who was following the combat]

Spot: 10+14-4(distance)=20

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
                    [Does that hide check apply to everyone? I assume it happened about 40 ft in front of Farley who was following the combat]

Spot: 10+14-4(distance)=20
                    (Well, yes, I'm 30 ft. from Tavis, but, considering that move order you did, I would say you're about 40 ft. away, yes. Not like I care if you can see me, you're too busy beating up Eli with your animals, that you can, apparently, spawn out of nothing.)

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

• [I'd say if a projectile came whizzing into a fight he was already following, it's likely to be the sort of thing he'd notice, up to Teal]

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
                        [I'd say if a projectile came whizzing into a fight he was already following, it's likely to be the sort of thing he'd notice, up to Teal]
                        (Well, considering he's busy having his face beat in by Chrs, even if his spot was high enough, he couldn't really do anything.)

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

• [Farley hasn't been touched yet, he's just sent in the rhino and dire Wolf. Shlak just attacked Farley's temporary ally, and someone sniping at his allies could easily turn his sights on Farley himself, so that's logically something Farley will want to react to. Up to Teal whether he's allowed to notice and react to it next round.]

A Hope That Burns

Comment

• [Since Farley hasn't moved yet and didn't attack, yes, he has a chance to notice the sniping (and a successful roll so he did). He's still about 35 feet out (he did specify coming back in - otherwise it'd be 60) with lots of other things going on so whether or not he can do much with that knowledge next round remains to be seen.

Apologies for the tardiness - computer goes to the shop (finally!) today. Since I don't have a lot of time here I'm asking for several spot chekcs - one I'm sure I don't need but I don't remember which one and I'm in a hurry - sorry. Korangar (unless Shlak didn't attack him); Twig (ditto) and Tavish. ]
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• [spot check for Twig - 22]
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• [So, Chrs, is Eil still conscious? If not, which attack finished her off?]

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X