No announcement yet.

Game Thread: Tavern Brawl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eilvyre licks her lips as she looks around the room at her fellow guests, barely bothering to listen to the various staff talking at her. Eil stands at about 5'11", stockily built with a messy cut of blonde hair. There's various pieces of weaponry hanging and attached to her: short swords, longbow and a small quiver and a couple of daggers. She is clad in a well-worn set of studded leather armour and a determined look.

"Hush yer gabbling and get me an ale" She says to her personal assistant. As her assistant scampers off, she looks to the room and yells "Alright, I ain't wasting any time. Who wants some?"

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
      Farley was a scrawny little human a little over 5 feet tall, with grey hair and green eyes, gradually getting used to the pungent odours of urban life. He was wearing an ordinary-looking set of hide armour with a more ornate wooden shield and a sickle by his side. He looked around and smiled to himself:

'If only those bullies could see me now, sent by the council itself on such an important mission!'

Farley took his room key from the concierge. “Thank you. Just so we're clear, please instruct your staff to not use the word 'pet'. He doesn't take kindly to that.”

Farley scanned the room. 'That scoundrel, whoever he is, must be a guest here, the main thing for now is to blend in.' His attention was drawn to a loud group sat around a large table, reeking of ale. 'As good a group as any,' he thought to himself, and approached them.

“Good morning! The name's Farley. You all seem very full of life over here, mind if I join you?”

[I'll let the others decide who I just greeted]
      [that doesn't describe any of us so far. One of us is sitting alone at an unoccupied table, two of us are in "conversation," and the others are standing around alone. Seems to me you just approached some NPCs.]
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        [that doesn't describe any of us so far. One of us is sitting alone at an unoccupied table, two of us are in "conversation," and the others are standing around alone. Seems to me you just approached some NPCs.]
        []
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
          Eilvyre licks her lips as she looks around the room at her fellow guests, barely bothering to listen to the various staff talking at her. Eil stands at about 5'11", stockily built with a messy cut of blonde hair. There's various pieces of weaponry hanging and attached to her: short swords, longbow and a small quiver and a couple of daggers. She is clad in a well-worn set of studded leather armour and a determined look.

"Hush yer gabbling and get me an ale" She says to her personal assistant. As her assistant scampers off, she looks to the room and yells "Alright, I ain't wasting any time. Who wants some?"
          Korangar looks at her and, looking slightly confused, raises his hand. "If you're buying, I'll have some ale."
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Twig grins and says, "Then I'll just have to make sure you don't catch me!" [To Eilvyre] "I'll have an ale."
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Carrik mutters something, his words lost as he places his helmet back on his head. Armor clanks as he bends over and retrieves his shield, strapping it to his arm. He rolls his shoulders, settling everything into place. He turns to face Eilvyre, makes a quick gesture with his mace and walks menacingly towards her. "I," he growls, "am your opponent. Prepare!"
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

The burly occupants of the table briefly glance at Farley, shake their heads and turn their backs on him before continuing in their animated discussion.

Farley sighs, 'No-one's going to take me seriously until I earn some respect around here.' He walks towards the door and calls out to the whole room:

"Anyone who thinks they can defeat me is welcome to try - I'll be outside."
                Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 02-11-2014, 09:05 AM.
                --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

She growls in frustration at Korangar. "He knows how it's done." She says, pointing to Carrik. Eil grins as she draws her shortswords: "Your name?"

Comment

[I am Sir Lex the Mighty. I expect you've heard of me.]

Carrik stops 10' away from Eilvyre. "The name is Carrik. Formalities concluded, we now fight."

[Initiative: 6(d20)+4=10. Yay me.]
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[Initiative: 10+8=18]

"Eilvyre. It's a pleasure."

[Maybe wait until Teal says "okay"? Is she about?]

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
                        [Maybe wait until Teal says "okay"? Is she about?]
                        [Sure, we'll give the assistants a chance to intervene.]
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

[Possibly the easiest thing I've ever DM'd...

Tavish came by the Friesian Freeway. Sorry, I'd put him with Twig, changed my mind and forgot to put him back in. ]

Personal assistants dash about filling orders, putting away gear and getting the heck out of the way of whatever is being slung, thrown or otherwise likely to hurt if contacted. Since ale is covered by the enormous cover charge, assistants fetch large flagons for everyone who expressed a desire - or even looked longingly toward the bar.

The lobby is large, spacious and ornate - exactly the sort of place that normal innkeepers would be frantically trying to protect about now - but the Maitre de looks on dispassionately, waiting for the next group to arrive. There are three large doorways, one leading to the bar, another to the Gentleman's Club, so named for the Victorian men's clubs it resembles and not due to any restrictions of membership - there are none - and the final leads to the spa. Several people are in the spa soaking in large vats of hot water to ease the pain of their injuries (non-lethal still hurts!), two tiny elves are beating on each other with books in the Gentleman's Club and a couple of small fights have broken out in the bar, where other people are sitting by enjoying their drinks and the fights. The final feature of the Lobby is a grand staircase leading up to the guestrooms.

Actions?

[Chris, roll, please. ]
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            [I am Sir Lex the Mighty. I expect you've heard of me.]
                            []
                            --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

[Y'all posted while I was typing. Assistants won't interfere with your fighting - and you guys know what to do from here. ]
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Twig accepts an ale and sits down by Shlak to watch the impending duel. "So, what's your game?"
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X