Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Tavern Brawl!

Faith
    Non-Theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Carrik mutters something, his words lost as he places his helmet back on his head. Armor clanks as he bends over and retrieves his shield, strapping it to his arm. He rolls his shoulders, settling everything into place. He turns to face Eilvyre, makes a quick gesture with his mace and walks menacingly towards her. "I," he growls, "am your opponent. Prepare!"
    I'm not here anymore.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The burly occupants of the table briefly glance at Farley, shake their heads and turn their backs on him before continuing in their animated discussion.

Farley sighs, 'No-one's going to take me seriously until I earn some respect around here.' He walks towards the door and calls out to the whole room:

"Anyone who thinks they can defeat me is welcome to try - I'll be outside."
    Last edited by Ben Zwycky; 02-11-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Creative editor of the Sci Phi Journal, for readers who like depth to their stories and to explore the depths of the stories they like.

Listen to a Tale of the Once and Future King

Technology Staff
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    She growls in frustration at Korangar. "He knows how it's done." She says, pointing to Carrik. Eil grins as she draws her shortswords: "Your name?"

Faith
    Non-Theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    [I am Sir Lex the Mighty. I expect you've heard of me.]

Carrik stops 10' away from Eilvyre. "The name is Carrik. Formalities concluded, we now fight."

[Initiative: 6(d20)+4=10. Yay me.]
    I'm not here anymore.

Technology Staff
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    [Initiative: 10+8=18]

"Eilvyre. It's a pleasure."

[Maybe wait until Teal says "okay"? Is she about?]

Faith
    Non-Theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrs View Post
    [Maybe wait until Teal says "okay"? Is she about?]
    [Sure, we'll give the assistants a chance to intervene.]
    I'm not here anymore.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    [Possibly the easiest thing I've ever DM'd...

Tavish came by the Friesian Freeway. Sorry, I'd put him with Twig, changed my mind and forgot to put him back in. ]

Personal assistants dash about filling orders, putting away gear and getting the heck out of the way of whatever is being slung, thrown or otherwise likely to hurt if contacted. Since ale is covered by the enormous cover charge, assistants fetch large flagons for everyone who expressed a desire - or even looked longingly toward the bar.

The lobby is large, spacious and ornate - exactly the sort of place that normal innkeepers would be frantically trying to protect about now - but the Maitre de looks on dispassionately, waiting for the next group to arrive. There are three large doorways, one leading to the bar, another to the Gentleman's Club, so named for the Victorian men's clubs it resembles and not due to any restrictions of membership - there are none - and the final leads to the spa. Several people are in the spa soaking in large vats of hot water to ease the pain of their injuries (non-lethal still hurts!), two tiny elves are beating on each other with books in the Gentleman's Club and a couple of small fights have broken out in the bar, where other people are sitting by enjoying their drinks and the fights. The final feature of the Lobby is a grand staircase leading up to the guestrooms.

Actions?

[Chris, roll, please. ]

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrikature View Post
    [I am Sir Lex the Mighty. I expect you've heard of me.]
    []
    --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Creative editor of the Sci Phi Journal, for readers who like depth to their stories and to explore the depths of the stories they like.

Listen to a Tale of the Once and Future King

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    [Y'all posted while I was typing. Assistants won't interfere with your fighting - and you guys know what to do from here. ]

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Twig accepts an ale and sits down by Shlak to watch the impending duel. "So, what's your game?"
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist