Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Charlie Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
    I don't want to be in the situation again, but they say to plan for the worst. What would you have done differently?
    Burnt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
      The mother had never heard of Charlie Charlie I just had to explain it was Ouji, she knew enough from there.
      No, sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant the kid.

Seriously, I don't expect them to be theologians but shouldn't they understand more than they seem to?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        It's a recent fad among younger people; I've heard about it maybe twice (once because it was mentioned on television when it was on in my breakroom). I'd be surprised if most people in my church knew what it was.

I'm guessing (and you can correct me) that Teal meant that it should be obvious that the Bible forbids occult activity.
        Exactly.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Seriously, I don't expect them to be theologians but shouldn't they understand more than they seem to?
          I understand now what you mean. Kids pick things up much sooner than we expect them to, but just about never the things we want them to.
          Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

While it has a fortune telling kind of origin: see link.

Remember though, ". . . the devil . . . . . . for he is a liar, and the father of it.". -- John 8:44.
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

depends on the kid. we shelter our girls from a lot of things, my 8 year old would not know what it is about (we probably should have a talk to her about this sort of thing)
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                depends on the kid. we shelter our girls from a lot of things, my 8 year old would not know what it is about (we probably should have a talk to her about this sort of thing)
                My daughter is sheltered from this stuff too. She has no clue and just thinks Ghosts and Vampires and Gargoyles are things people dress up for on Halloween...... Personally I would rather she stay that innocent. :sniffle:
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                  Gargoyles
                  Gargoyle? Isn't that that thing where you have water in your mouth and do these bubbling noises?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                    Gargoyle? Isn't that that thing where you have water in your mouth and do these bubbling noises?

Gargoyles are either urban trolls who formed a symbiosis with guttering, or pieces of stonemasonry initially brought to life by accident, or perhaps by the standing magical field of the Unseen University. They are mainly filter-feeders, but also consider pigeons to be a particular delicacy, partially out of spite for the birds.
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      Gargoyles are either urban trolls who formed a symbiosis with guttering, or pieces of stonemasonry initially brought to life by accident, or perhaps by the standing magical field of the Unseen University. They are mainly filter-feeders, but also consider pigeons to be a particular delicacy, partially out of spite for the birds.
                      Constable Downspout is a world champion at not moving according to Commander Vimes.
                      Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X