X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gamble did not work. Such is life.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Soooooo.....what happens now? Also, what was that stuff about "One of the potions will only work in this extremely specific place"? Was that a reference back to a previous campaign, or something?
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

I guess Teal's first post was TL;DR.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Btw...how do you calculate when you're supposed to get a critical hit?
          Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
              Linky (You might have to scroll up a bit to see the entry - I do). If you look at the weapon tables you'll see what the critical hit range is for your particular weapon.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Soooooo.....what happens now?
                This was explained in the Exploratory Thread:
                Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                The tavern offers a variety of specials, including team v team, team v NPC (guys hired just to fight at the Bare Knuckles), random encounters (how'd that bugbear get in here?), team meet-ups (what's a good adventurer team without their initial meeting ending in a fight?), and for the less discriminating, general dust ups with whoever happens to be in the place (also the most popular option).
                We're just fighting whoever we want, whenever we want.

Also, what was that stuff about "One of the potions will only work in this extremely specific place"? Was that a reference back to a previous campaign, or something?
                No, it's a reference to Teal's first post in the Game Thread. Specifically:

All amenities, privileges and those pesky legal warnings are explained in excruciating detail (they don’t like to have dissatisfied customers or unnecessary lawsuits). Food, drink, lodging, 3 healing potions/day and personal attendants are included (tipping is discouraged)...
                and later expanded upon:

A quick glance at the brochure explains that one of the three will be a special that only works in Ermygon but does help the person regain full HP. It can only be used once per day.

If you roll a natural 20, it's considered a critical threat. You roll your attack again as normal and if it would hit, you've successfully hit critically. Some weapons may have a higher threat range, allowing you to score a critical threat with a roll of 18 or 19 (depends on the weapon).

The System Reference Document is something you can use as a resource to answer most basic game questions. Specifically read the Combat section.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

So, um, who's on what side in the latest uproar? Anybody on the side of the first two combatants, or is this gonna be a beatdown?
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Who knows?! It might be Chrs/Me/Ben vs OBP/CV/TT, though TT might just be sniping everyone he wants...
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Well, I rolled 9, plus 2, that's 11 initiative. Where does that put me in the turn order? Oh, also, Pig, it's your turn, right now.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

And Carrik is example A of why clerics should not engage in duels with fighter types.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            And Carrik is example A of why clerics should not engage in duels with fighter types.
                            Carrik is a cleric? The heck? From the way he described himself, I thought he was a fighter, or a barbarian, or some stuff.

-Thomas Aquinas

-Hernando Cortez

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Ehhh, needs more context. Three natural 20s in four rounds of play isn't exactly normal, and two of those confirmed. Counting initiative rolls, there have been another ~10 rolls of 10+ against me in those same four rounds. Meanwhile, I've rolled a 7 and a 3. And I, most definitely, have not been using my spells wisely at all. Hindsight and all that.

Besides, 2/3 of the damage in this particular fight was by the sorc/wiz/something beside you (one of those crits), and fire from two people doesn't really qualify as a duel, let alone as 'against fighter types'...
                              Last edited by Carrikature; 02-12-2014, 10:49 PM.
                              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Yeah, about that rhino. Magic, sure. I can suspend disbelief easily enough for that. A rhino? Charging about inside a tavern? Sorry, that's a little tougher to swallow. Not to mention the decided advantage two large beasties gives Farley. I'm not the DM though, so I'm just kvetching.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X