Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

2015 looking like another world record year for the global warming trend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Not clear. 'What do you mean adjusting the data?
    Oh, so you don't bother keeping up with the news. Fair enough. In that case, you're apparently not aware that in 2014, NASA "adjusted" historical temperature data in order eliminate 1934 as the warmest year on record and turn a clear cooling trend over the past several decades into an artificial "warming" trend.

1998changesannotated.gif

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...the-year-2000/
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...ming-data.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014...nasa-and-noaa/

Of course this isn't their first time getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar since they pulled same stunt in 2012.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...ord-this-year/
    http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/09/2...a-quality-act/

And we know from internal IPCC emails released in 2001 that they've been routinely manipulating data for decades in order to fan the flames of global warming hysteria.

http://blog.heartland.org/2014/03/a-...-warming-hoax/

It's a bit like shooting an arrow, painting a target around it, and claiming you got a bullseye. It's not science, it's propaganda.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Oh, so you don't bother keeping up with the news.
      That's Breitbart, Watts, and Goddard you're posting, a veritable three ring circus if ever there was one. Goddard, in particular, qualifies as the village idiot in the idiot village, an embarrassment so extreme Watts kicked him out of WUWT. Looks like you haven't been keeping up with the news:
      This, combined with his inability to openly admit to and correct mistakes, is why I booted him from WUWT some years ago, after he refused to admit that his claim about CO2 freezing on the surface of Antarctica couldn’t be possible due to partial pressure of CO2.

"This" is a reference to Goddard's 2014 claims of jiggery-poke in the data.

It's not science, it's propaganda.
      Trust a pig to know the smell of its own sty.

Comment

Meanwhile, I don't remember it ever being this green and lush into JULY in Texas.

And YES, I realize this is local and.... but it's saving me from watering and buying hay.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Meanwhile, I don't remember it ever being this green and lush into JULY in Texas.

And YES, I realize this is local and.... but it's saving me from watering and buying hay.
          Aren't you in the middle of a move? Did you decide to keep the cows? Where is that thread, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            Aren't you in the middle of a move? Did you decide to keep the cows? Where is that thread, anyway?
            Realtor comes Monday to assess the value of the property and help determine a selling price. Interestingly enough, we had been REALLY 'flying under the radar' as far as tax valuation was concerned, and just THIS YEAR (I'm shouting ) they have drastically increased the valuation on my property. Anyway, I have pretty much decided to sell of the bulk of the herd, keep some breeding stock, and start over in the promised land.

To a prospective buyer, however, the whole place looks so green and lush, and I haven't used any irrigation at all this year.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh, so you don't bother keeping up with the news. Fair enough. In that case, you're apparently not aware that in 2014, NASA "adjusted" historical temperature data in order eliminate 1934 as the warmest year on record and turn a clear cooling trend over the past several decades into an artificial "warming" trend.
              According to this article, it wasn't in 2014 but 2007, it wasn't to eliminate 1934 as the warmest year on record - instead it reinstated 1934 as the warmest year on record - and it didn't create an artificial warming trend since it reduced recent measurements.

Apparently your source has grabbed an old temporary file containing erroneous data, is ignoring the fact that it has been superceded, and is pretending that this file is still being propagated and there is some sort of conspiracy afoot. For some reason you believe him.

Roy
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                According to this article, it wasn't in 2014 but 2007, it wasn't to eliminate 1934 as the warmest year on record - instead it reinstated 1934 as the warmest year on record - and it didn't create an artificial warming trend since it reduced recent measurements.

Apparently your source has grabbed an old temporary file containing erroneous data, is ignoring the fact that it has been superceded, and is pretending that this file is still being propagated and there is some sort of conspiracy afoot. For some reason you believe him.

Roy
                Excellent response!?!?!!?
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7827[/ATTACH]

https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/...the-year-2000/
                  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/eart...ming-data.html
                  http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014...nasa-and-noaa/

Of course this isn't their first time getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar since they pulled same stunt in 2012.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestay...ord-this-year/
                  http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/09/2...a-quality-act/

And we know from internal IPCC emails released in 2001 that they've been routinely manipulating data for decades in order to fan the flames of global warming hysteria.

http://blog.heartland.org/2014/03/a-...-warming-hoax/

It's a bit like shooting an arrow, painting a target around it, and claiming you got a bullseye. It's not science, it's propaganda.
                  No it is not really good science, it is blue smoke and mirrors, and no it does not change the warming trend.
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

For people interested in why adjustments are made to the temperature record, there's a fairly technical explanation here:
                    http://judithcurry.com/2014/07/07/un...perature-data/

Note: Judith Curry is generally considered to disagree with the current scientific consensus, if you're worried about this being some sort of propaganda.

For a non-technical explanation: if you move the station that measures the temperature, or change the time of day that you read the temperature, it throws the results off. Failing to account for this would cause serious problems with the temperature record.
                    "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
                      For people interested in why adjustments are made to the temperature record, there's a fairly technical explanation here:

Note: Judith Curry is generally considered to disagree with the current scientific consensus, if you're worried about this being some sort of propaganda.

For a non-technical explanation: if you move the station that measures the temperature, or change the time of day that you read the temperature, it throws the results off. Failing to account for this would cause serious problems with the temperature record.
                      IIRC the problems would not be with the mainstream projections but would introduce inconsistencies in the history of the record for that station. (crudely put).

Comment

Originally posted by TheLurch View Post

It is worth while to post a reference from this source.

Source: http://judithcurry.com/2014/07/07/understanding-adjustments-to-temperature-data/

Having worked with many of the scientists in question, I can say with certainty that there is no grand conspiracy to artificially warm the earth; rather, scientists are doing their best to interpret large datasets with numerous biases such as station moves, instrument changes, time of observation changes, urban heat island biases, and other so-called inhomogenities that have occurred over the last 150 years. Their methods may not be perfect, and are certainly not immune from critical analysis, but that critical analysis should start out from a position of assuming good faith and with an understanding of what exactly has been done.

© Copyright Original Source

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah if we allow local weather reports to rule, I'll have to say global warming is real. Its warm and humid in Denmark.

Comment

Lao Tzu might have a temper I don't agree with, but I agree with his conclusions. Global Warming is happening, CO2 in the atmosphere is the driver. The fluctuations in solar activity can in no way explain the rapid rise in temperature since the fifties.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              Yeah if we allow local weather reports to rule, I'll have to say global warming is real. Its warm and humid in Denmark.
                              Nobody is using local weather reports to rule.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                Nobody is using local weather reports to rule.
                                You're one of those people who are incapable of detecting humour and sarcasm in text unless it's spelled out for them, aren't you?

Comment