Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

How Many People Here Suffer From a Psychiatric or Neurological Disorder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In that case, no, not at present.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Ok, I am going to point out, having seen RSd (also called CRPS) its far from psychological, its a vascular, and nervous system disorder and far from well understood. anyone who calls it other than physical has likely never seen it or dealt with it personally.
      I have Fibromyalgia, caused by early onset arthritis and stage one CRPS. Its a compound of trauma to both feet (Stage 1 CRPS) a rotator cuff tear in one shoulder and some broken bone in my back that never healed right. I do have epilepsy and a psychiatric disorder. So how do I deal with this? I treat it like everything else, I eat extra healthy, quit smoking, try hard to cut back on "inflammatory foods" I diffuse therapeutic grade essential oils, I've had some surgery to remove bone spurs and shattered bones. I take a carefully titrated regimen of a couple of psychiatric medications, an epileptic medication, and a muscle relaxant. All of which have pain relief and mood control properties. Like everything, if I let my mood disorder get out of control it can put me in the hospital, and I have tried no medicine but that does not work and i always end up back in the hospital. Since I can trace mood disorders back 3 generations on each side (to great grandparents male and female) grandparents and my parents and my brothers and sisters have them and some cousins. I believe this to be genetic. My mother, her sisters and my grandmother all had early arthritis and some other problems as well,. I regularly exercise by walking slowly if need be. So far there is no magic pill, just small differences here and there.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        Ok, I am going to point out, having seen RSd (also called CRPS) its far from psychological, its a vascular, and nervous system disorder and far from well understood. anyone who calls it other than physical has likely never seen it or dealt with it personally.
        I have Fibromyalgia, caused by early onset arthritis and stage one CRPS. Its a compound of trauma to both feet (Stage 1 CRPS) a rotator cuff tear in one shoulder and some broken bone in my back that never healed right. I do have epilepsy and a psychiatric disorder. So how do I deal with this? I treat it like everything else, I eat extra healthy, quit smoking, try hard to cut back on "inflammatory foods" I diffuse therapeutic grade essential oils, I've had some surgery to remove bone spurs and shattered bones. I take a carefully titrated regimen of a couple of psychiatric medications, an epileptic medication, and a muscle relaxant. All of which have pain relief and mood control properties. Like everything, if I let my mood disorder get out of control it can put me in the hospital, and I have tried no medicine but that does not work and i always end up back in the hospital. Since I can trace mood disorders back 3 generations on each side (to great grandparents male and female) grandparents and my parents and my brothers and sisters have them and some cousins. I believe this to be genetic. My mother, her sisters and my grandmother all had early arthritis and some other problems as well,. I regularly exercise by walking slowly if need be. So far there is no magic pill, just small differences here and there.
        Thank you for sharing Catholicity.

Comment

I want to thank everyone who has voted in the poll so far. It honestly gives me an appreciation for the variation that this forum consists of.

Comment

I think I will keep this one to myself due to the commonness of attitudes such as this: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post210145
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

For myself:

Tourettic OCD
              Dermatillomania of the fingers
              Anxiety issues

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                For myself:

Tourettic OCD
                Dermatillomania of the fingers
                Anxiety issues
                Thank you for sharing CMD. If you don't mind me asking, what does "CMD" stand for?

Comment

I think those who have social issues (autism spectrum, social anxiety, phobias) tend to frequent internet forums in general. It gives them a way to interact with people in a non-threatening way. Not just theologyweb. Also a lot of people are unable to go out in public much, if at all due to illness, physical disorders, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I think those who have social issues (autism spectrum, social anxiety, phobias) tend to frequent internet forums in general. It gives them a way to interact with people in a non-threatening way. Not just theologyweb. Also a lot of people are unable to go out in public much, if at all due to illness, physical disorders, etc.
                    Some interesting points Sparko. Never thought of it that way.

Comment

You don't have to be nuts to post here.....

...but it helps!
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        Thank you for sharing CMD. If you don't mind me asking, what does "CMD" stand for?
                        I couldn't think of a good username, so I just used my initials.

Comment

I have mild, infrequent epilepsy. It's not nearly as bad as it used to be, which is something.

Comment

Homosexual male which is said to be more vulnerable to mental illness than normal males. Clinical depression which recently lightened up after a year of ECT, really terrible social anxiety disorder and just general anxiety. For the past few years I've been more psychologically healthy than I was for most of my life, but I'm still pretty bad. I have to work alone and at night at a job that is below my skill level, I have 0 friends off the internet, and I really only leave my room for shopping and the occasional movie.
                            "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

I want to thank everyone who's voted so far.

Comment

I'm not sure if a fear of running outta bacon is considered a legit disorder

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment