Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Tweb policy on kicking people out of threads

  1. #1
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,449
    Amen (Given)
    11302
    Amen (Received)
    6462

    Tweb policy on kicking people out of threads

    It has always been the view here that a thread belongs to the one who started it, and that the OP had control, to a certain point, over who posted in that thread.

    Generally it is best to ask a person to stay out of a thread in the opening post. However, it is also appropriate for the OP to request that someone leave a thread if that person is trolling or causing disruption.

    However, since it becomes easy to start eliminating people for no good reason, it will ultimately be at the discretion of the moderators, who will be able to override the request if they feel it is being abused.

    Thanks for your attention in this matter. Hopefully this will eliminate or at least lessen any confusion regarding the issue.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  2. #2
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    31,992
    Amen (Given)
    739
    Amen (Received)
    12978

    I'm always still in trouble again

  3. Amen 37818 amen'd this post.
  4. #3
    tWebber Sea of red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,674
    Amen (Given)
    277
    Amen (Received)
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    It has always been the view here that a thread belongs to the one who started it, and that the OP had control, to a certain point, over who posted in that thread.

    Generally it is best to ask a person to stay out of a thread in the opening post. However, it is also appropriate for the OP to request that someone leave a thread if that person is trolling or causing disruption.

    However, since it becomes easy to start eliminating people for no good reason, it will ultimately be at the discretion of the moderators, who will be able to override the request if they feel it is being abused.

    Thanks for your attention in this matter. Hopefully this will eliminate or at least lessen any confusion regarding the issue.
    And what if a person whom is a moderator is asked to leave?

  5. #4
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,449
    Amen (Given)
    11302
    Amen (Received)
    6462
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    And what if a person whom is a moderator is asked to leave?
    Same rules apply. Again, up to the staff to make the final call. Which will not be done by the moderator in question.

    Bear in mind that abuse of this is what we are trying to avoid.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  6. #5
    tWebber Sea of red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,674
    Amen (Given)
    277
    Amen (Received)
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Same rules apply. Again, up to the staff to make the final call. Which will not be done by the moderator in question.

    Bear in mind that abuse of this is what we are trying to avoid.
    Thing is, you guys are all friends.

    I think what we had was fine. If you don't like certain posters ways of debate, then ignore them and they'll eventually stop getting replies all together.

    Just being honest. It's your site, obviously.

  7. #6
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,449
    Amen (Given)
    11302
    Amen (Received)
    6462
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    Thing is, you guys are all friends.

    I think what we had was fine. If you don't like certain posters ways of debate, then ignore them and they'll eventually stop getting replies all together.

    Just being honest. It's your site, obviously.
    Thing is, we haven't changed anything. This is the way it has always been, as set up by DeeDee. I am posting it clearly here because not too long ago someone who was repeatedly asked to leave a thread did not, and said something along the lines of "I didn't think that was a thing".

    Yes, we are friends, but that does not get in the way of making decisions on moderation, including moderation of ourselves. You give us far too little credit. And you are certainly free to ignore users you disagree with. That is certainly an option. We are not REQUIRING anybody to ask people to not post in threads, just putting the guidelines out where they are available to the membership.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  8. Amen Cerebrum123, Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
  9. #7
    tWebber Darth Executor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Kazakhstan
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,196
    Amen (Given)
    1500
    Amen (Received)
    2277
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Thing is, we haven't changed anything. This is the way it has always been, as set up by DeeDee. I am posting it clearly here because not too long ago someone who was repeatedly asked to leave a thread did not, and said something along the lines of "I didn't think that was a thing".
    And he was right. Non-moderators can't actually force people out of threads. But you yelled at him for not listening to the OP anyway even though the rules (which apparently you are aware of after all) don't require members to actually obey the request until they are officially asked by a mod to leave.

  10. #8
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,449
    Amen (Given)
    11302
    Amen (Received)
    6462
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    And he was right. Non-moderators can't actually force people out of threads. But you yelled at him for not listening to the OP anyway even though the rules (which apparently you are aware of after all) don't require members to actually obey the request until they are officially asked by a mod to leave.
    Welcome back, Darthy. Thought you were leaving.

    Where in our guidelines does it say that someone asked to leave a thread can stay until they are asked by a moderator to leave? Because I just see this:http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

    Please respect the wishes of the thread starter to keep a thread on topic when requested and do not post using all caps, this includes profiles and signatures. There may be times when a member may wish to start a thread in which he or she requests a restriction on who can post in the thread beyond the restrictions imposed by the parent forum. We ask that you honor such requests out of common courtesy. If such a request is not honored, the thread starter can request moderator intervention. If the mod team decides that the request is reasonable, then a notice will be placed in the thread to honor the OP's request. Any subsequent violations will be subject to moderation.
    Really, you sound like dlw, trying to tell us how to run the site.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  11. #9
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    15,449
    Amen (Given)
    11302
    Amen (Received)
    6462
    This thread is not meant for debate.

    It is meant to clarify the position set up by the original owners regarding this issue.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  12. #10
    tWebber Sea of red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,674
    Amen (Given)
    277
    Amen (Received)
    986
    When did DE leave?

    I missed of missed something.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •