Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Cell Phone Boosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
    Capitalists.

Potato, potato.

(Trolling aside, the history of telecommunications infrastructure in the US and UK and how they differ due to state/private ownership is a long and interesting one.)
    I started out with a 300 Baud modem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I started out with a 300 Baud modem.
      Yup, but then I went to the blazingly fast 2400 baud modem, and life was wonderful.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yup, but then I went to the blazingly fast 2400 baud modem, and life was wonderful.
        I could read faster than the 300 baud modem could write on the screen.

Comment

So can my 4 y.o. granddaughter...
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I remember a Texas A&M bulletin board had a graphic (line drawing, at best) of Godzilla's foot crushing something, and it was a challenge to download the whole thing before your modem reset and you had to start again. Finally, at 1200 baud, I was able to see the entire "scene".

And remember when fax machines didn't actually connect to phone lines - but you dialed the number on your telephone, then laid the handset into an acoustic coupling area on the fax machine, and transmitted the tones over your telephone?

Acoustic_coupler_20041015_175456_1.jpg
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
              So can my 4 y.o. granddaughter...
              You know what's really sad, LJ? Your multi-colored Kairos fish... um... because of all the homohysteria and "rainbow flag", it..... it's sad that the GLBXTBKGNPT movement has hijacked God's Rainbow to represent their perversion.

Comment

I remember a Texas A&M bulletin board had a graphic (line drawing, at best) of Godzilla's foot crushing something, and it was a challenge to download the whole thing before your modem reset and you had to start again. Finally, at 1200 baud, I was able to see the entire "scene".

And remember when fax machines didn't actually connect to phone lines - but you dialed the number on your telephone, then laid the handset into an acoustic coupling area on the fax machine, and transmitted the tones over your telephone?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7713[/ATTACH]
                Bambi Meets Godzilla.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]7714[/ATTACH]
                  Yes, but it was just a line drawing using ASCII characters.

Comment

Yes, but it was just a line drawing using ASCII characters.
                    I just wanted to use the opportunity to present one of the epic short (very short) films of all time

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I just wanted to use the opportunity to present one of the epic short (very short) films of all time
                      Ya done good.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7713[/ATTACH]
                        I seem to recall that computers were once connected to modems via such a telephone cradle. Nicht wahr?
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            I seem to recall that computers were once connected to modems via such a telephone cradle. Nicht wahr?
                            yup. My first modem was like that.

hardwaremodem830.jpg
                            Last edited by Sparko; 07-01-2015, 01:36 PM.

Comment

That, indeed, would be it... and you could watch those characters show up on your screen pretty much one at a time.

Comment

You know what's really sad, LJ? Your multi-colored Kairos fish... um... because of all the homohysteria and "rainbow flag", it..... it's sad that the GLBXTBKGNPT movement has hijacked God's Rainbow to represent their perversion.
                                yeah, I know...that is an old logo. The new one is all blue with no additional colors anywhere...

But most of the colors on this logo are pastel unlike rainbows which are primary colors...
                                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment