Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What are you listening to now" thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I remember ninth grade, seemingly everybody had a copy (burned or real) of Hybrid Theory.
    Yeah...they're not really my thing anymore. I'm a purist.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• I'm listening to Darkspace - Dark Space III I. One of the coolest, weirdest, densest albums I've ever heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I'm listening to Darkspace - Dark Space III I. One of the coolest, weirdest, densest albums I've ever heard.
        What genre?
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

What genre?
          Eh, they're a bit esoteric. This is the track listing of the album I'm listening to:

Dark 4.18 (27.24)
          Dark 4.19 (18.31)
          Dark 4.20 (18.24)

Edit: the band's really strange because they're meant to sound very mechanical, cold, and distant. It's sort of like the soundtrack to being lost in deep space.

Man, I remember when 12-minute songs used to intimidate me.
          Last edited by Zymologist; 02-16-2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• One of my favorite Harry Nilsson songs:

Comment

• Donovan - Sunshine Superman
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Dream Theater - Pull Me Under
                Yeepers, i remember that one.
                No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

• Ceremony by Joy Division/New Order

Comment

• Lazerhawk - Overdrive

Comment

• The new unheard Hendrix track that was just released today (er...yesterday now) by his estate.

Originally cut in 65 (a year before Chas Chandler "discovered" him) back when he was working with the band Curtis Knight and the Squires. Supposedly never released and never heard by the public till today.

I dig it. You can definitely hear where he would later go with it.

Comment

• Antestor - The Forsaken

Comment

• Neutral Milk Hotel - The King of Carrot Flowers Pts. 2 and 3

Comment

• I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Weird Al Yankovic - Mandatory Fun

Also, various anime AMVs on Youtube. I think this one with scenes from Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion is nicely haunting.
                              Music: "Where Is My Mind?" by Yoav

Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• I've had Nightwish's "Elan" playing on repeat for a while now. It's too... darn... catchy...
                                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment