Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What are you listening to now" thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      It's never too early for this:

Don't let catch you.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Right now I'm listening to this gem of a Norwegian hymn, which is one of my most favorite hymns of all time:

Here's my own, slightly clumsy translation of the lyrics, with some freedoms taken in order to make the text flow better:

Never fading name of Jesus, through the ages ever strong.
          Everlasting name of Jesus, all it's foes will surely fail.
          Ever fresh it's message staying, calling young and old alike.
          In this name is found a power, reconciling men with God.

Jesus' name, how I adore it, it has set my soul ablaze. In this name I found salvation, not in any other name.

Name of Jesus, so resplendent, let resound across the world.
          Bringing hope and consolation, as no other word can do.
          In it's presence hate will quiver, evil in it's presence flees.
          Through this name a kingdom righteous, springs forth with boundless life.

Jesus' name, how I adore it, it has set my soul ablaze. In this name I found salvation, not in any other name.

Like a lighthouse brightly shining in the night is Jesus' name,
          to the harbor of salvation it leads every ship at sea.
          When the sun has lost it's glory, Jesus' name will still shine bright.
          And a multitude of nations will in Heaven sing it's praise.

As I said, I had to take certain freedoms when it came to translating it, so it's not a 100% literal translation, but it's pretty close, and the parts where I couldn't come up with a literal translation should still preserve the message of the song pretty faithfully.
          Last edited by JonathanL; 12-06-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• Slechtvalk!

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• For Zym:

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Comment

• Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

sigpic

Comment

• Funeral doom, anyone?

Comment

• Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

• OBP, have you ever listened to Opprobrium (formerly Incubus)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                              OBP, have you ever listened to Opprobrium (formerly Incubus)?
                              Don't think so.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                                Don't think so.
                                Death/thrash that's been around since the inception of death metal, basically. They haven't released much, but what they have released has been consistently excellent and some of their stuff predates some of the heavy hitters in death metal. I really like them.

First album (different vocalist than later material, pretty raw stuff but among their best):

Second album (switched vocalists, became a little more pure death metal and a little less thrashy):

And then here's from their upcoming album:

Comment