Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What are you listening to now" thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• I love the instrumentation in this song, and especially the flutes.
      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea

This song at the moment:

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea

This song at the moment:

Rather doomy.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Rather doomy.
            Yeah!

Doom is pretty hit and miss for me in general (particularly funeral doom), but that album of Ahab's hits the spot. Good stuff.

Comment

• Comment

• When I first heard this as a kid, I thought it would have made the best James Bond theme. I still do.
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

• You didn't even know who James Bond was when you were a kid.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    You didn't even know who James Bond was when you were a kid.

My mother was horrified when she discovered that I bought one of the books when I was a young'un.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You didn't even know who James Bond was when you were a kid.

I knew enough that he was a spy who got into scary situations that at the time I didn't want to be watching.
                      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                        I knew enough that he was a spy who got into scary situations that at the time I didn't want to be watching.
                        The theme from Thunderball scared you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The theme from Thunderball scared you.
                          I have no idea why. That Tom Jones was just a scary guy, I guess.
                          ~ Russell ("MelMak")

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                            I have no idea why. That Tom Jones was just a scary guy, I guess.
                            He still is......

Comment

• Boogie Woogie Stomp:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5kTF2lQZ6E

Comment

• Drottnar - Stratum

I've had this album for a few years, but never got into it. I dig it now; mostly because I've spent a good portion of this year digging up all sorts of obscure bands on the dissonant, atonal side of extreme metal*.

*In other words, the stuff that's an acquired taste both for its aesthetics (you know, black/death metal) and for its bizarro songwriting. True story: I sent a college friend an example of this kind of stuff the other day, and he told me it made him feel queasy, it was so weird. Mission accomplished.

Comment