Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

The "What are you listening to now" thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of switching vocalists, Tourniquet's new album Gazing at Medusa has former Judas Priest frontman Tom Ripper Owens on vocals.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Death/thrash that's been around since the inception of death metal, basically. They haven't released much, but what they have released has been consistently excellent and some of their stuff predates some of the heavy hitters in death metal. I really like them.

First album (different vocalist than later material, pretty raw stuff but among their best):
        Ok, I've listened to most of this one. It's fast, yes, but the guitar solos appear to be about Trytan-level (mostly random notes played fast). There's not a whole lot of sonic variety, and my reactions during songs after the first couple were on the lines of "this is threatening to put me to sleep"; when the songs finished, by the end of the album I was getting a sense of relief that they were over. In a nutshell, I was underwhelmed. I'll take a listen to the others when I get a moment.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Ok, I've listened to most of this one. It's fast, yes, but the guitar solos appear to be about Trytan-level (mostly random notes played fast). There's not a whole lot of sonic variety, and my reactions during songs after the first couple were on the lines of "this is threatening to put me to sleep"; when the songs finished, by the end of the album I was getting a sense of relief that they were over. In a nutshell, I was underwhelmed. I'll take a listen to the others when I get a moment.
          Well,
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                If you can't play the song live, what's the point of putting all those strings on one instrument? It also seems it would be easier to just go with dual fretboards if you're going to have than many strings.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  If you can't play the song live, what's the point of putting all those strings on one instrument? It also seems it would be easier to just go with dual fretboards if you're going to have than many strings.
                  It was created as a joke but it turned out to be such a great instrument he made a real song with it.
                  My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

• Comment

• I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Some epic doom metal from Malta:

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Considering how many times I've listened to the various songs on this album, I might as well buy the blasted thing at this point.
                          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Comment

• Friends of mine were into Jeff Buckley around when he passed in the mid-90s, and my dad was a bit into his dad Tim Buckley, but even after Jeff Buckley was made somewhat more well known because of his cover of Hallelujah in the Shrek film I never really gave him a chance, but today I've been listening to his album Grace, and it's pretty magnificent. Sounds especially good with decent headphones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                                Friends of mine were into Jeff Buckley around when he passed in the mid-90s, and my dad was a bit into his dad Tim Buckley, but even after Jeff Buckley was made somewhat more well known because of his cover of Hallelujah in the Shrek film I never really gave him a chance, but today I've been listening to his album Grace, and it's pretty magnificent. Sounds especially good with decent headphones.

The title track is probably in my personal top ten. Last Goodbye and Lover You Should Have Come Over are also infectious.

I tend to skip Hallelujah at this point in time. I've had my fill of it.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment