Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Darwin's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Since I am not a fan of YE Creationism your foolish smear does not relate to me. I don't usually agree with Jorge, and I don't agree with his whole post. It is nevertheless true that while Darwin has had an impact on science, that impact is highly exaggerated. And atheism is the major force behind the celebration.
    We will disagree on Biblical Creationism versus Old Age Creationism but we do agree on Atheism as the major force behind Darwin Day and, for that matter, behind Darwinism. Good!

So now, based on this one point of agreement, explain to the poor, misguided souls known as Theistic Evolutionists the serious errors of their ways.

I am not aware of any major (or even minor) celebration aimed at any of the other more important scientists of history.
    That was my point. ALL of the greatest scientific minds in history - and there have been quite a few - while recognized for their numerous accomplishments have never had a day named for them. We have a holiday for Martin Luther King, for Columbus (Day) ... we have President's Day.

Then we have DARWIN DAY - named after a guy whose accomplishments are far, far more ideological than they are scientific PLUS he was mostly wrong anyway! That's why 'Evolution' is up to - what is it? - revision number 29 (?). Every time findings show up Evolution for what it is - a BS theory chock-full of errors - they simply whip out new hypotheses or a new version altogether. Yet, we have a "Darwin Day". Now, if that doesn't make you scratch your head then nothing will.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
      Nonsense! I cannot stop you from making such ridiculous allegations.

Jorge
      How was your post not an ad hominem?
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Nonsense! I cannot stop you from making such ridiculous allegations.

Jorge
        You cannot demonstrate that the allegation was "ridiculous", right Jorge? All you can do is make the assertion.

Comment

We must have a Lucretius Day in commemoration of his publication of De Rerum Natura. He started all the trouble of modern science, atoms. infinities, and other such nonsense that stirred up the believers in antiquated beliefs of his day.

There is one simple point we have to start from:

The gods never made a single thing out of nothing.

Because, if one things frightens people, it is

that so much happens, on earth and out in space,

the reasons for which seem somehow to escape them,

and they fill in the gap by putting it down to the gods.

That is why, once we know that nothing can come from nothing,

we are on the right track already and likely to see

how everything starts and goes on in an ordered sequence

and nothing at all is merely the work of the gods.

You know I have said creation out of nothing

is nonsense and so is destruction of things to nothingness.

But since you may doubt the validity of a doctrine

requiring the existence of invisible elements [atoms],

I should like to draw your attention to certain bodies

which must be allowed to exist, although we can’t see them.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-15-2014, 12:51 PM.
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment