Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 02/12/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 02/12/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    You are pre-qualified…

“You have been pre-qualified for a loan up to $5000.00,” the letter said. I pulled off the plastic sample credit card and began day dreaming of all wonderful stuff I could have. Seconds later the voice of reality and reason sounded off and I sadly headed for the paper shredder. But I could not get the phrase “pre-qualified” out of my mind because it has so much to say not about credit cards and purchasing things but about life.

Over the last couple of days I have been in a reoccurring what-is-my-life-really-all-about-and-what-am-I-to-do-with-it mode and this morning in my Bible reading the Holy Spirit tripped me on a scripture written by Paul. “This is my life work: helping people understand and respond to this Message. It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details. When it came to presenting the Message to people who had no background in God’s way, I was the least qualified of any of the available Christians. God saw to it that I was equipped, but you can be sure that it had nothing to do with my natural abilities.” (Ephesians 3:7–8, The Message)

Suddenly I knew I was on the path God has laid out for me. But when I read it a second time it came across as “This is OUR life work.” Each and every one of us who call ourselves Christians need to share our Jesus Story that doesn’t mean we’re all to be preachers, teachers, writers, or theologians we simply need to be ourselves and live out our Jesus Story.

I would like to draw your attention to two specific portions of what Paul was saying that are important to you and I. “I was the least qualified,” Paul wrote. Not a day goes by but what “least qualified” crosses my mind. But the next I feel unqualified for whatever situation I face Paul’s words, “God saw to it I was equipped,” will remind me that God has already pre-qualified me. God doesn’t ask/expect us to do something without pre-qualifying us first. That may not always be evident because more times than not our situation may not change. There are times when God will pre-qualify us with what to say or what not to say and there are other times when pre-qualification will be a quiet unrelenting strength to endure until the storm passes.

God pre-qualifies us through the Pre-Qualifier known as the HOLY SPIRIT!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end—” (Isaiah 43:2, The Message)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X