• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
    Hey I get an A for effort

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Just so you know, as far as I can tell, 1% may not sound like a lot, but it's actually pretty huge. Very interesting.
      How far back do you think it goes? Great Great GrandXXXX, or..? I'm also 0.4% Ashkenazi
      "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
        How far back do you think it goes? Great Great GrandXXXX, or..? I'm also 0.4% Ashkenazi
        I don't know really know, but I'm guessing (comparing to my own ancestry) probably within 5-7 generations. It's hard to break down without getting into the family tree side of things. If you haven't already, you might want to get any surviving grandparents tested (I still need to do that myself), or at least get one of your parents tested. That'll help you pinpoint where it's coming from. Wish these tests were a bit cheaper. I think at this point they should be down to about $50, because for most people it's just a novelty. $99 is too expensive for a novelty.

Comment

Yeah, it was pretty pricey. The worst part was having to fill a test tube of spit though
          "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

I'm a Nigerian prince.
            I accept debit or credit sparko(don't forget the cvc code on the back!)
            What exactly can I get with a "credit sparko" aside from scurvy and mange?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
              Yeah, it was pretty pricey. The worst part was having to fill a test tube of spit though
              Yeah, but I can think of worse things to fill it with.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                My maternal side is pretty much all English, my paternal side is Scottish and English.
                To be more informative it appears that my Scottish ancestors were Jewish converts. The names Judah (spelled funny in early years - ultimately spelled Judah) pronounced Judy by my grandmother. The name Isaac was in there somewhere as well. My sister-in-law has done a lot of genealogical research on all of our families. I forget a lot of it. There were a couple of castles in the mix somewhere too.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

We're homies now.
                  I have a half black grand daughter. Does that get me anything. Not spending money on a genetic report though.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I have a half black grand daughter. Does that get me anything. Not spending money on a genetic report though.
                    it gets you a ticket to disneyland.
                    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

It is in the mail, right?

Comment

It is in the mail, right?
                        I'm not paying shipping and handling.
                        "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                        "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                        Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

0000000000sh.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment