Where Are You REALLY From?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Just remember, as they say for every prince that you expect to find you're likely to find half a dozen horse thieves.
    Yeah, but that's still pretty darn interesting in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      Yeah, but that's still pretty darn interesting in my book.
      200 years from now, one of your ancestors will say, "Gee my great, great, great, grandpa had a huge purple Mohawk"

Comment

I'm at least half German (one grandmother is pure German, and one grandfather is very likely pure German), probably a quarter Irish, with the other quarter an indeterminate mixture of German, English, and probably something else (that branch of the family has been in the US since the first half of the 17th century (great-grandmother) or the second half of the 18th century (great-grandfather).
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Just remember, as they say for every prince that you expect to find you're likely to find half a dozen horse thieves.
          As my grandfather, Adolf Hitler said, "You vill be banninated!!!! Actung! Heil me!"

Comment

Lots of Germans and English around here. That's not usually a good combo.

Comment

How weird.. I JUST got my 23andMe report last week. It was really interesting, especially since I found out I am apparently 1% Sub-Saharan African
              "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

Originally posted by hamster View Post
                How weird.. I JUST got my 23andMe report last week. It was really interesting, especially since I found out I am apparently 1% Sub-Saharan African
                Your ancestors came from a submarine?

Comment

Black
                  I lost the family tree but my greeeeeat grandfather was a freed slave that went back to newly formed Liberia.
                  Besides that my great uncle whose first name I forget was the president of Liberia(last name Tolbert)and met Richard Nixon.
                  "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                  "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                  Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

We're homies now.
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                      We're homies now.
                      You should tell everyone that you are a Nigerian Prince and you need to get $1 Million out of the country and that you will split it with them if they help you.

Comment

Just so you know, as far as I can tell, 1% may not sound like a lot, but it's actually pretty huge. Very interesting.

Comment

Black
                          I lost the family tree but my greeeeeat grandfather was a freed slave that went back to newly formed Liberia.
                          Besides that my great uncle whose first name I forget was the president of Liberia(last name Tolbert)and met Richard Nixon.
                          Wow! Very cool. That's a lot of history packed into a relatively short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            You should tell everyone that you are a Nigerian Prince and you need to get $1 Million out of the country and that you will split it with them if they help you.
                            I'm a Nigerian prince.
                            I accept debit or credit sparko(don't forget the cvc code on the back!)

Comment

I'm a Nigerian prince.
                              I accept debit or credit sparko(don't forget the cvc code on the back!)

Comment

Hey I get an A for effort

Comment