New Game... What do YOU want to Play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Game... What do YOU want to Play?

We've got some D&D 3.5e games being played (My 3.5 game for newbies, Teal's Barfight extravaganza), and one in the making (Carrik's mercenary game). However, there's more to Table-top games than Dungeons & Dragons. I'd like to be able to run another campaign somewhere down the road.

So, here's my Elevator Pitches. Read them, and pick which one(s) you'd like to see played.

-Final Fantasy: The game would revolve around the party starting out as Slave-Gladiators attempting to earn their freedom.
    -Mutants and Masterminds: This would be a Street-Level Campaign (think superheros along the lines of Punisher, Luke Cage, Nightwing, Green Arrow, etc) where you band together as a team of vigilantes in a world that requires Government/Corrupt Corporation-sponsored teams as law.
    -Cinematic Unisystem: This would be more of a 'playtest' than a full-on campaign. I've got some ideas for a Mega Man Homebrew for this rule-system, and there's nothing better to refine ideas than to have people take them for a spin.

That being said, Denizens of Tweb... what would you like to take for a spin?

Keep in mind, this will take me a while to do, so don't expect me to start a LFG thread right away.
    Final Fantasy
    40.00%
    Cinematic Unisystem
    20.00%
    Mutants and Masterminds
    40.00%
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

The Mega Man thing sounds interesting. Maybe a story for what should have happened in the third Legends game(that was cancelled ).

Comment

Whoops. I meant to click on Mutant's and Masterminds,but I clicked Cinematic Unisystem by accident.
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        The Mega Man thing sounds interesting. Maybe a story for what should have happened in the third Legends game(that was cancelled ).
        As I said, it's a playtest, not necessarily an all-out story... but we'd probably get into that universe as we went along.

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
        Whoops. I meant to click on Mutant's and Masterminds,but I clicked Cinematic Unisystem by accident.
        Allrighty. I'll remember that when the times comes for my verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
          As I said, it's a playtest, not necessarily an all-out story... but we'd probably get into that universe as we went along.
          It was more of a joke than anything. I'm still upset about the cancellation. I am however glad about Mighty No. 9 making progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            It was more of a joke than anything. I'm still upset about the cancellation. I am however glad about Mighty No. 9 making progress.
            Yeah, I can't wait for that game to come out. Maybe Capcom will finally take the hint and realize that there are still people who want to play Mega Man.

Comment

I voted, then I remembered I don't play with you lot. So maybe you should discount mine. :)
              Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
                I voted, then I remembered I don't play with you lot. So maybe you should discount mine. :)
                Doesn't mean you can't. New blood would be nice.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

What Carrik said. We're always looking for new players.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                    Yeah, I can't wait for that game to come out. Maybe Capcom will finally take the hint and realize that there are still people who want to play Mega Man.
                    And actually go through with Mega Man Legends 3.

Of course that is probably just wishful thinking.

Comment

I've never played-by-post or a (successful) game outside the d20 rules. But barring those warnings I'd happily join this campaign whenever it gets going.
                      Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

What is the final fantasy RPG system anyway?

Comment

The only one I know of those is M&M, but I'm pretty short of free time with the new baby, so I'd better not vote on this one.
                          --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

I've never played-by-post or a (successful) game outside the d20 rules. But barring those warnings I'd happily join this campaign whenever it gets going.
                            Welcome Aboard.

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
                            What is the final fantasy RPG system anyway?
                            It's basically a 2d6 rule system. You build a character (stats, Job [White Mage, Gambler, Ranger, etc], skills, goals), and it goes from there. It uses a Hero/Drama Point-like system called Destiny that you can use to affect rolls, cheat death, etc. I've always wanted to try it since I found the Rulebook, even if it meant building my own Final Fantasy World from scratch. ETA: If we don't wind up running this game, I'll likely send you the PDF anyway.

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky View Post
                            The only one I know of those is M&M, but I'm pretty short of free time with the new baby, so I'd better not vote on this one.
                            Fair enough. Got to applaud you for having your priorities straight. Congrats again, by the by.

Comment

I'd totally play the FF game.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X