Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pope Francis the Rev False Prophet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    He also said that a house divided will not stand. Obviously protestantism broke away from the Catholic church for a reason, and God allowed it to happen. So maybe it becomes necessary to decide which house is the true church Christ was referring to. I doubt he was referring to a divided house because then it becomes a contradiction.
    The split between Eastern Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism happened a bit before the Reformation. You may want to take them into account as well (to say nothing of the respective RCC and EO theological means of dealing with the split).
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

He also said that a house divided will not stand. Obviously protestantism broke away from the Catholic church for a reason, and God allowed it to happen. So maybe it becomes necessary to decide which house is the true church Christ was referring to. I doubt he was referring to a divided house because then it becomes a contradiction.
      I would avoid a binary, black & white choice between one or the other. Surely there is error on both sides, not to mention the earlier splits between Western Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox and Oriental churches. There's plenty of error and plenty of truth to go around IMHO.
      βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
      ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
        I would avoid a binary, black & white choice between one or the other. Surely there is error on both sides, not to mention the earlier splits between Western Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox and Oriental churches. There's plenty of error and plenty of truth to go around IMHO.
        It was a tit for tat reply. Obviously the gates of hell will not stand isn't black and white either.

Comment

It was a tit for tat reply. Obviously the gates of hell will not stand isn't black and white either.
          Precisely the problem, IMHO. What is the real value of a 'tit for tat' reply? As long as Catholics and Protestants devote themselves to 'tit for tat' replies, no progress toward greater truth will be achieved.
          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

How could Pope Francis be the false prophet when that title already belongs to Steve Jobs?

Comment

Yes, God allowed the "Reformation." The Reformation, however, did not happen because the Catholic church promulgated new doctrine or praxis. I can think of another priest who was kicked out of the Catholic church (in the 4th century) for promulgating new teachings based on scripture contrary to the position of the church.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I seriously doubt that the true Church is an earthly organized body with the absolutely perfect theology. It is, in my opinion, a body composed of all true believers. We will not know who all those are until we reach our final destination. Neither Roman Catholic, any protestant group, or any other church that is not included in those two are the true Church of Christ.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  I seriously doubt that the true Church is an earthly organized body with the absolutely perfect theology. It is, in my opinion, a body composed of all true believers. We will not know who all those are until we reach our final destination. Neither Roman Catholic, any protestant group, or any other church that is not included in those two are the true Church of Christ.
                  I agree that there are undoubtedly individual Christians within the variety of sects that make up the true body, as opposed to the entirety of particular sect itself. What distinguishes those Christians, the elect, is the age old mystery that has yet to be solved. Perhaps there are some doctrines that lead Christians astray more (or faster) than others.

Comment

Yes, Sean, obviously Obama is the Antichrist and Pope Francis is the False Prophet. Any Christian with even a little discernment at least suspects this.

Pope Francis is the first Jesuit pope. The Jesuits were an order founded by a Spanish Illuminist (yes, Illuminati) named Ignatius of Loyola to combat Protestantism. Before anyone accuses me of being a conspiracy theorist, Ignatius' membership in the "alumbrados" is admitted on his Wikipedia page. Alumbrados means Illuminated Ones. The Reformation posed a serious threat to the syncretized faith of Babylonian paganism and Christianity known as Catholicism and soldiers willing to do anything "in service to the Pope" were needed. The Jesuits used any means necessary (they coined the term "the end justifies the means", in fact) to acquire power in their attempt to crush the Protestant rebellion and eventually their loyalty to their own Jesuit General (known colloquially as the "Black Pope") soon exceeded that given to the Pope, leading to several attempts by various Popes to disband the order. A few assassinations solved that, however. The enthronement of one of their own as the "White Pope" signals the promised takeover of the Catholic Church by this Satanic order and their readiness to usher in a world order where Protestants can be slaughtered wholesale.

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                      Yes, Sean, obviously Obama is the Antichrist and Pope Francis is the False Prophet. Any Christian with even a little discernment at least suspects this.

Pope Francis is the first Jesuit pope. The Jesuits were an order founded by a Spanish Illuminist (yes, Illuminati) named Ignatius of Loyola to combat Protestantism. Before anyone accuses me of being a conspiracy theorist, Ignatius' membership in the "alumbrados" is admitted on his Wikipedia page. Alumbrados means Illuminated Ones. The Reformation posed a serious threat to the syncretized faith of Babylonian paganism and Christianity known as Catholicism and soldiers willing to do anything "in service to the Pope" were needed. The Jesuits used any means necessary (they coined the term "the end justifies the means", in fact) to acquire power in their attempt to crush the Protestant rebellion and eventually their loyalty to their own Jesuit General (known colloquially as the "Black Pope") soon exceeded that given to the Pope, leading to several attempts by various Popes to disband the order. A few assassinations solved that, however. The enthronement of one of their own as the "White Pope" signals the promised takeover of the Catholic Church by this Satanic order and their readiness to usher in a world order where Protestants can be slaughtered wholesale.

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I support the :
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post

Nah, dude. I love ya as a brother but I can't get on board with that. Obama's nothing in the bigger scope of prophecy. He'll pass away just like America passes away into insignificance. I''m much firmer in my belief that whatever the Beast of Rev manifests to the world as, he/it will surpass being just human (assuming it's actually a person/being as opposed to just a type of global system). It's apparent that the pope will back whatever it manifests as because the pope is clearly worldly and it will appear to be for the good of humanity. Whether the pope is the actual false prophet spoken of in Rev or that he plays a pivotal role... it's a strong possibility based on his influence in the world, though he may just pass away into insignificance just like Christianity as viewed by the world just the same.

Comment

Aww, man, I needed that laugh. Thanks, darfius.
                          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Just this alone is becoming a media sensation...

Can you just imagine in your wildest imagination what will happen if this guy starts doing miracles. Even the most devout protestants will be swayed by his influence.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Are you Catholic, OBP?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X