Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

California's Physician-Assisted Suicide Bill: Dead on Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California's Physician-Assisted Suicide Bill: Dead on Arrival

It's important to realize there are victories from time to time; even now:
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/gle...tion-bill.html
    At least until 2016, California's End of Life Option Act is dead. Sponsors of the controversial measure on Tuesday withdrew it from the California Assembly Health Committee after a majority of the committee indicated they would vote against it.
    Latino Democrats, who represent heavily Roman Catholic districts, were a decisive factor in the bill's withdrawal. But months ago, 54 Catholic, evangelical, disability-rights, and physician's groups joined Californians Against Assisted Suicide in its public campaign against SB 128, the Senate-approved bill. Joni and Friends, the Christian Medical and Dental Association, and Concerned Women for America joined the campaign.

I like that this is in a subforum called Pro-Life Activism, but has the section expanded to encompass topics besides just abortion?
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
      I like that this is in a subforum called Pro-Life Activism, but has the section expanded to encompass topics besides just abortion?
      yes.
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

From other pro-life websites I follow, I got the impression that "Pro-Life" doesn't just entail abortion but other issues such as physician assisted suicide as well. Thats why I posted it in this sub-forum.

Comment

KT is correct. Pro-life is not limited to abortion nor has it ever been.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
            From other pro-life websites I follow, I got the impression that "Pro-Life" doesn't just entail abortion but other issues such as physician assisted suicide as well. Thats why I posted it in this sub-forum.
            Okay. It's just that literally every thread I've ever seen here has been about abortion, so I was just curious.
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

It's all about the sanctity of human life.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
                It's important to realize there are victories from time to time; even now:
                http://www.christianitytoday.com/gle...tion-bill.html
                Back on topic:

Who knows? Maybe there is hope for California, after all!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Back on topic:

Who knows? Maybe there is hope for California, after all!
                  I hope so since I live here but that might just be a fluke just wait till next election when they put it on the ballot as a proposition if they get enough signatures.

Comment

I posted a number of times about assisted suicide in this section on the old site.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment