Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer and Update Thread: For Mrs. H's Job Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you mystery shop for? Sounds like a nice side business.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Who do you mystery shop for? Sounds like a nice side business.
      Do you mean, what mystery shopping companies, or what subject stores? I'd have to PM either way. Not telling who you're shopping for or with publicly is part of the gig.

Comment

Oooh! Oooh! I wanna know that first one! PM, please?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Oooh! Oooh! I wanna know that first one! PM, please?
          Be right with ya!

Comment

We're waiting to hear back from a county job Mrs H applied for. Meanwhile Florida's governor has cheated her out of a job yet again.

How so?

The job Mrs H used to hold, 10 years ago, opened up again at the prison. She did great in it, and ordinarily she'd have been a shoo-in.

But not on Rick Scott's watch.

Here in FL, Rick Scott refuses to expand Medicaid, because he doesn't want to rely on government money, he says. But he does want the feds to keep paying Florida to keep up a "low income pool" program for the poor to visit emergency rooms. Because that kind of government money is OK.

When the feds cut the pool money in half, Rick Scott had to scramble to make up for the difference from Florida's budget. After all, can't risk losing this state to the Democrats in 2016. And he wanted to be sure and keep a bunch of corporate tax cuts here, and also make sure we low on the rung types got a tax cut, too. We did: $30 a year off our cable and cell phone bills. Be still, my heart!

Anyway, to make up for the loss of funds...Rick Scott ordered MORE state positions cut. That included 80 locally from the Department of Corrections.

And those 80 people get "first dibs" on any job openings in DC right now. Including Mrs. H's old job. Even though all these people are admin middle management types who have never worked behind a fence and have never done the job before.

So, thank you again for voting Rick Scott, Christians in Florida. That's two jobs Mrs H has lost thanks to you guys.

Comment

Well...I've never been happier to eat a bigger plate of crow than I am now.

It turns out...SHE GOT THE JOB!!! (The one I referred to in the last message.)

It was a barely under the wire...the agency had released the job ad just a little while before the "first dibs for the laid off" requirement was imposed. The warning about it didn't appear on the ad, so...they couldn't do it that way.

So, Mrs H will be back with many of the co-workers she knew from before. It'll be a huge pay cut, but we don't care. Being back on state retirement, having state holidays...things like that are far more important to us.

She starts (back) the 23rd.

Comment

That's good to hear.

Comment

Congratulations!
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Fantastic!!!
                    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment