Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Principles for forum posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Principles for forum posting

I found this article on the subject of how we use our words in internet discussions, and thought it was worth sharing.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Don't be a jerk? Remember that no one ultimately anonymous on the internet because God knows everything?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I wish I lived up to these principles better.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Another thing I think people should stop doing: If somebody writes a really long post and they happen to cite a Wikipedia page to back up one point... I find it annoying when people ignore everything else they wrote and just say "well you're wrong because you cited Wikipedia".
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I wish I lived up to these principles better.
          At the risk of being modded, my overriding impression of you is that you're one of the most consistently principled, even-keeled, and nuanced posters on on tweb.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
            At the risk of being modded, my overriding impression of you is that you're one of the most consistently principled, even-keeled, and nuanced posters on on tweb.
            Why would you be modded for finally getting something right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              Why would you be modded for finally getting something right?
              Technically, this is a Christians only area. However, he's not doing anything "wrong" in the spirit of the rule, so I doubt he'll get modded for it.
              "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
              -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I support the :
              sigpic

Comment

Bah. :). I'm ruined for polite Christian forum discussions by some of the closed libertarian groups I belong to. Have you ever *tried* to outdo them or offend them?
                The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Xena View Post
                  Bah. :). I'm ruined for polite Christian forum discussions by some of the closed libertarian groups I belong to. Have you ever *tried* to outdo them or offend them?
                  umm
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Shrug. Just saying'

(and if anyone takes me entirely seriously on everything... well you are not going to have a good time of it)

There is a grain of truth to the comment, and a huge dose of being a wiseass.
                    Last edited by Darth Xena; 08-27-2015, 09:16 PM.

sigpic

Comment

The grain of truth is this.... have you ever gotten a group of radical libertarians together and tried to offend or shock them? It isn't possible.

Wait... I take that back. Mention the State. They will be very offended.

sigpic

Comment

Well thank you

Comment

Note to self: Amen this.

FYI Whag you can pm the area mod and/or the OP for permission to post in areas normally off limits. As long as you are a good house quest or it is something like this. it will usually be granted.

I appreciate your post and heartily agree.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X