Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 02/13/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 02/13/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    You are enabled…

There are times when life puts us where we’d not be if we had our choice and we find ourselves in a prison created by circumstances beyond our control. Because of the complexity of life the possibilities of becoming prisoners seem to be endless. I know that is not exactly what you’d like to read but life in the real world does not always follow the path we’d like it to and when we find ourselves prisoners of circumstances the Peace of Jesus seems a million miles away.

In his letter to the Ephesians Paul reveals one of the great mysteries of what comes with establishing and maintaining an intimate relationship with Jesus. “Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we’re a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free!” (Ephesians 1:7, The Message)

The mystery I am referring to is how we can be both free and captive at the same time. How can our lives be turned upside down and at the same time experience the Peace of Jesus (peace)? Yesterday I referred to the Holy Spirit as the Pre-Qualifier today I am referring to the Holy Spirit as the Enabler.

In the opening verses of Ephesians Paul says something absolutely necessary for you and I to believe. “I greet you with the grace and peace poured into our lives by God our Father and our Master, Jesus Christ.” (Ephesians 1:2, The Message) Paul used the phrase “poured into our lives” meaning the grace and peace of God and Jesus are already in place in our lives.

Then in verse 8 Paul tells us of something else that has been already poured into our lives, “He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need…” (Ephesians 1:8, The Message) Now let’s bring in the Holy Spirit as the Enabler. The Enabler not only reminds us of what has already been poured into our lives but also enables us to, “…not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint.” (Galatians 6:9, AMP)

For some the Peace of Jesus (peace) is a “state of being” something to strive for, similar to a reward for help working through some form of conflict. For me the Peace of Jesus (peace) is a “state of living” moving through life’s circumstance created prisons with the presence of the Enabler anchored solidly in my heart/spirit by the love and compassion of Jesus.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end—”
    (Isaiah 43:2, The Message)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked AMP are taken from the Amplified® Bible, Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation Used by permission." (www.Lockman.org)

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X