Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

MGs leaving the church and whatnot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    We just had our Annual Church conference. And about half of those attending were under the age of 25. Was encouraging.
    Yes, that's great news!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What do they call those of us born just before the war babies?
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        The Silent Generation.

I am a member of the Snake People generation (I have the chrome plugin that changes "millenial" to "snake person"), but I do go to church.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
        "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
        Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Old as dirt?
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

crispy bacon?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post

TL;DR: Church isn't about what you get, it's about what you give to God, and to your brothers in the faith (which God counts as given to Him! 😃👍)
              Though for an apologist there's often a serious problem in that vein: Folks in the church not wanting what you have to offer, or even viewing it as something that is a threat.

It's hard to be welcome when most of the people there look at you like you're holding a live weasel.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                Though for an apologist there's often a serious problem in that vein: Folks in the church not wanting what you have to offer, or even viewing it as something that is a threat.

It's hard to be welcome when most of the people there look at you like you're holding a live weasel.
                I don't get it, weasels are cute, aren't they?

Comment

Who told you guys you could make my thread grow without me?
                  Anyways I'll see if I can get a ride to church tomorrow.
                  "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                  "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                  Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

I don't know the war of 1812 was a long time ago.

"Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post

I can understand that being a struggle sir. But even the prophets were killed by those they were sent to teach. You are doing God's work, and "He who has ears, let him hear." Brother, you know all these things, and that God knows His call to you, and your earnest work for Him. So please be encouraged by that.
                      Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                        I don't get it, weasels are cute, aren't they?
                        Depends which ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Pentecost View Post
                          I can understand that being a struggle sir. But even the prophets were killed by those they were sent to teach. You are doing God's work, and "He who has ears, let him hear." Brother, you know all these things, and that God knows His call to you, and your earnest work for Him. So please be encouraged by that.
                          Probably would be easier to encouraged had not the same Christians who look at me like I have three heads and six arms not also been the ones who voted in the corrupt creep who took my wife's job away. They hit us from both directions and then drove away in their Lexus SUVs.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X