Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Philips Craig and Dean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips Craig and Dean

PC&D are rejecters of the Trinity.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

I have heard they Pentacostal Oneness. I must admit, their singing is nice.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

They be wrong.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        PC&D are rejecters of the Trinity.
        I was actually checking on that recently Bill. Based on what I'm seeing I don't know if they still hold to that.

None of those seem to me to be promoting Oneness Pentecostalism.
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

They have responded to the claims that they are Oneness Pentecostals and they specifically deny that and affirm that they are Trinitarians:

Fax from Phillips. Craig and Dean on the issue http://ernchez.tripod.com/home/pcdletter.htm

Now they may be playing around with word games (this AOMin page suggests that they do play word games on the issue: http://vintage.aomin.org/PCD.html )

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

All 3 hold ministers credentials with the United Pentecostal Church International

http://www.upci.org/resources/instru...on-the-godhead

1. Is the word trinity in the Bible? No.

2. Does the Bible say that there are three persons in the Godhead? No.

4. Do these titles as used in Matthew 28:19 mean that there are three separate and distinct persons in the Godhead? No, they refer to three offices, roles, or relationship to humanity.

20. Whom do some designate as the first person in the trinity? God the Father.

21. Whom do some designate as the last person in the trinity? The Holy Ghost. But Jesus said that He was the first and last. Revelation 1:17-18

55. Does the Bible call the Holy Ghost a second or third person in the Godhead? No. The Holy Ghost is the one Spirit of God, the one God Himself at work in our lives. John 4:24; I Corinthians 3:16-17; 6:19; 12:13.

56. Can Trinitarians show that three divine persons were present when Jesus was baptized by John? Absolutely not. The one, omnipresent God used three simultaneous manifestations. Only one divine person was present--Jesus Christ the Lord.

*Taken from the Word Aflame Tract "60 Questions on the Godhead with Bible answers" #6125"

These beliefs are to be adhered to for all persons holding ministers' credentials, which all 3 do. They, like other oneness advocates, claim a functional "trinity" but not an ontological one. The fax never states anything about them confirming belief in the trinity as described by the Athanasian Creed. They play the same word games that the UPCI plays in their "60 questions" page.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment