Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Faith to Faith Fellowship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faith to Faith Fellowship

F2F is a non-denominational church that my wife and I went to for about 10 years until we left. We have kept in touch some members there.

For about 18 months now, the senior/only/founding pastor and his wife have been having health issues. About the start of this year, the elders started looking for a new senior pastor.

The first candidate that they offered the position to declined.

The second candidate they offered the position accepted. So the founding pastor left at the beginning of July and the new guy started. Apparently he then discovered that instead of being an associate pastor he was now the senior pastor. He promptly resigned.

Prayers that they either quickly find a new pastor or the elders decide God is done with that ministry and close the church. That congregation will not hold together without a pastor for long.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

If the new guy was unaware that he was going to be the senior pastor, then the church wasn't being forthright.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        If the new guy was unaware that he was going to be the senior pastor, then the church wasn't being forthright.
        Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how that could have happened. Normally there would be at least some form of job description or list of duties.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how that could have happened. Normally there would be at least some form of job description or list of duties.
          I don't know for sure. Having been there for 10 years, I would put money on the founding pastor saying whatever it took to get a new guy in so he could get out.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            I don't know for sure. Having been there for 10 years, I would put money on the founding pastor saying whatever it took to get a new guy in so he could get out.
            Wow, TM. That's sad.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment