This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment Thread for The Resurrection of Jesus - Apologiaphoenix vs Gary

All Comments about the Debate thread found here can be posted in this thread

Let the comments begin!
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Comment

As someone who is not convinced of the historicity of the Resurrection given the extant evidence, I'll be interested to see how Nick approaches this.
        "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
        --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

bacon

Comment

. . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
              As someone who is not convinced of the historicity of the Resurrection given the extant evidence, I'll be interested to see how Nick approaches this.
              tumblr_mh5ml57Rtl1s06y2ko1_500.jpg

Comment

In all seriousness, I doubt Nick is going to give us anything new and this Gary character is a recent atheist, so he's not going to give very good rebuttals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                  In all seriousness, I doubt Nick is going to give us anything new
                  I'm expecting something along the lines of WLC's and Licona's standard fare, but I'm hoping that Nick will surprise us.

...and this Gary character is a recent atheist, so he's not going to give very good rebuttals.
                  Though I'm not so concerned with whether or not his atheism is a recent development, I'd be lying if I said I expected erudite discourse out of him; but I'm hoping that he'll also surprise us.
                  "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
                  --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
                    I'm expecting something along the lines of WLC's and Licona's standard fare, but I'm hoping that Nick will surprise us.

Though I'm not so concerned with whether or not his atheism is a recent development, I'd be lying if I said I expected erudite discourse out of him; but I'm hoping that he'll also surprise us.
                    There was a fantastic debate on this topic on the old site, between users named Kabane52 and tehknologik. I wish I could remember exactly what each argument and supporting evidence entailed, but the memory's sort of vague after six years.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                      In all seriousness, I doubt Nick is going to give us anything new and this Gary character is a recent atheist, so he's not going to give very good rebuttals.
                      Well if he is going to deal only with testable scientific data he will have to assume his conclusion.
                      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Comment

Gary starts with the "I'm too lazy to look into all of these" card.

I had figured that someone with a blog would have already graduated kindergarten.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
                            Gary starts with the "I'm too lazy to look into all of these" card.

I had figured that someone with a blog would have already graduated kindergarten.
                            It reminds me of a poster from a different place who once said "I'm tired of reading through your book length responses. If you can't write out your argument in a paragraph or two, then it's not worth reading".

Comment

If he was afraid that Nick would argue based on internal witness, he knows nothing about him.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X