Page 2 of 393 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Comment Thread for The Resurrection of Jesus - Apologiaphoenix vs Gary

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of red View Post
    In all seriousness, I doubt Nick is going to give us anything new and this Gary character is a recent atheist, so he's not going to give very good rebuttals.
    Well if he is going to deal only with testable scientific data he will have to assume his conclusion.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

tWebber
    Faith
    Toonist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gary starts with the "I'm too lazy to look into all of these" card.

I had figured that someone with a blog would have already graduated kindergarten.

4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpholding View Post
    Gary starts with the "I'm too lazy to look into all of these" card.

I had figured that someone with a blog would have already graduated kindergarten.
    It reminds me of a poster from a different place who once said "I'm tired of reading through your book length responses. If you can't write out your argument in a paragraph or two, then it's not worth reading".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If he was afraid that Nick would argue based on internal witness, he knows nothing about him.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To Gary,

Please pull out of this debate. As you can see, I'm also an atheist, and I'm by no means a friend of winger type Christians on this forum. But you're not making a good case against what Nick is saying at all. You're using a lot of vagueness and red-herrings in this discussion that do you no favors. In case you didn't know, Nick is a NT scholar and professional theologian, so he's a got a good education on this topic. I've got my opinions on him but the man is no idiot and he knows a lot more than you or I on this issue, so you've got know the dance really well before you make a go of a debate with him. All you can do at this point is just be his little punching bag for several posts and then the Christian clan on this forum will get a good laugh.
    Last edited by Sea of red; 07-21-2015 at 05:54 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    To Gary,

Please pull out of this debate. As you can see, I'm also an atheist, and I'm by no means a friend of winger type Christians on this forum. But you're not making a good case against what Nick is saying at all. You're using a lot of vagueness and red-herrings in this discussion that do you no favors. In case you didn't know, Nick is a NT scholar and professional theologian, so he's a got a good education on this topic. I've got my opinions on him but the man is no idiot and he knows a lot more than you or I on this issue, so you've got know the dance really well before you make a go of a debate with him. All you can do at this point is just be his little punching bag for several posts and then the Christian clan on this forum will get a good laugh.
    What's a "winger type Christian?" Just curious--I've never heard the term before.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

9. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    What's a "winger type Christian?" Just curious--I've never heard the term before.
    Winger is a reference to conservative activism. Just like a "fundamentalist" atheist is a very political atheist.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Winger is a reference to conservative activism. Just like a "fundamentalist" atheist is a very political atheist.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Friends, can we please concentrate on setting up a debate between BP & AP? I think both parties are willing, and we'll all benefit from the interaction.