Page 3 of 393 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Comment Thread for The Resurrection of Jesus - Apologiaphoenix vs Gary

Faith
    Heathen
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrawly View Post
    Friends, can we please concentrate on setting up a debate between BP & AP? I think both parties are willing, and we'll all benefit from the interaction.
    Honestly, I'm exceedingly grateful for the vote of confidence and your compliments, but let's let Nick worry about one debate, at a time. After he and Gary have had their discussion, if Nick is up for a further debate, I'd certainly be willing.
    "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every hidden truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
    --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymologist View Post
    What's a "winger type Christian?" Just curious--I've never heard the term before.
    I just know Winger was a hair metal band.
    For what was given to everyone for the use of all, you have taken for your exclusive use. The earth belongs not to the rich, but to everyone. - Ambrose, 4th century AD

All cruelty springs from weakness. - Seneca the Younger

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gary is off to a bad start.

4. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He has to assume the scientific method is the only possibility, and assumes that anything miraculous is impossible. Is that circular or is it circular?
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
    Honestly, I'm exceedingly grateful for the vote of confidence and your compliments, but let's let Nick worry about one debate, at a time. After he and Gary have had their discussion, if Nick is up for a further debate, I'd certainly be willing.
    Excellent. The debate ought to happen sooner or later - if Nick understandably doesn't wish to participate in two consecutive debates.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    He has to assume the scientific method is the only possibility, and assumes that anything miraculous is impossible. Is that circular or is it circular?
    How can one prove that the scientific method is the only valid way to learn truth by using the scientific method??? That's just plain begging the question.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    How can one prove that the scientific method is the only valid way to learn truth by using the scientific method??? That's just plain begging the question.
    How does one prove anything?

The fundamental problem is how does one identify truth? Our Christianity claims to be both historical and true. What type of evidence from history can one apply the scientific method?
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's philosophy! Not the scientific method. The question of how we know things are true is a philosophical question.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

11. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    well. this seems like a trainwreck already. does this guy even have any credentials behind his name? i'm curious.
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :

13. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    well. this seems like a trainwreck already. does this guy even have any credentials behind his name? i'm curious.
    No, he's just another deconvert Bart Ehrman can add to his list. From his blog, he doesn't seem well equipped to interact with scholarly material.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist