This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
    well. this seems like a trainwreck already. does this guy even have any credentials behind his name? i'm curious.
    He's so fundy, he's making some fundy atheists look like they have a brain. I was expecting him to pull the Christ myth thing. Not play there are so many options game. How does he pick what to order at a restaurant! So many choices!

Who needs scholarship when you can get a degree from Google and Wikipedia?
    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 07-21-2015, 05:04 PM.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

and now he hasn't even touched Nick's points..... could we please get a BP vs. AP debate?
      "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
      -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I support the :
      sigpic

Comment

We all need to stop pressuring both Nick and BP into a debate we want to see happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
          We all need to stop pressuring both Nick and BP into a debate we want to see happen.
          true, although it's probably going to be more informative then this one.
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

true, although it's probably going to be more informative then this one.
            That's if it happens.

Comment

Seriously??? I can't even count the fallacies that guy AP bothered to debate is making! And we don't claim it was a spontaneous biological process that resurrected Jesus. Of course not! That's why it's called a MIRACLE!!! Because that stuff doesn't happen without outside intervention.

Comment

I'm guessing Gary has no experience with formal debates.
                -Unknown

I support the :
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  That's philosophy! Not the scientific method. The question of how we know things are true is a philosophical question.
                  The scientific method is to test to see if a claim/hypothesis can be falsified. That something is not true.
                  . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I guess historical evidence ain't evidence according to Gary. Even if Jesus Himself showed up to Gary and proved that He was the Resurrected Christ, Gary would not believe what was happening. Or Gary would think Jesus was an alien or something. Of the unkillable variety.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gary thought a glasses-wearing alien farm-raised superpowered reporter was more realistic than the incarnation and Resurrection.
                    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 07-21-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing Gary has no experience with formal debates.
                      He admitted as much in the challenge thread.
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Is that possibly the shortest formal debate we've ever had?

Gary's closing argument is just sad...nuh uh' it's just not reasonable to believe... AFAICT, he didn't refute a single point of AP's, refused to deal with it an just parroted typical rhetoric. Disappointing to say the least.

ETA: Sorry Gary, I realize you do have one more round. I miscounted.
                        Last edited by Littlejoe; 07-21-2015, 10:13 PM.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I guess historical evidence ain't evidence according to Gary. . .
                          Yeah, that seems to be the case.
                          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

The buffalo analogy is possibly the dumbest analogy I have ever heard.

Comment

How can one prove that the scientific method is the only valid way to learn truth by using the scientific method??? That's just plain begging the question.
                              That too.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cornell View Post
                                The buffalo analogy is possibly the dumbest analogy I have ever heard.
                                Yes. And claiming it is the equivalent of the Resurrection??? And his tooth fairy canard is dumb also. No one ever died defending the "truth" of the tooth fairy. It is also easy to prove that parents removed the tooth instead of fairies.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X