Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

The Sky is Leaking on my Clean Laundry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sky is Leaking on my Clean Laundry!

So,, the radio said this morning that there was a thunderstorm with some freaky hail over in Camden. Any other time of the year and we would know it would probably show up here. But summer storms that aren't extensive usually die as quickly as they build. I came out to a bright ninety-five degree day and proceeded to do the laundry.

Guess what showed up? My towels are still wet. I need them for water aerobics tonight.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    So,, the radio said this morning that there was a thunderstorm with some freaky hail over in Camden. Any other time of the year and we would know it would probably show up here. But summer storms that aren't extensive usually die as quickly as they build. I came out to a bright ninety-five degree day and proceeded to do the laundry.

Guess what showed up? My towels are still wet. I need them for water aerobics tonight.

rule #1 - Always do laundry BEFORE the last towel is dirty...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
      You must be married.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Towels get dirty?

Comment

My swim towels get done every day after a class.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
            Towels get dirty?
            Yes. They aren't supposed to be able to stand on their own, either....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah, everybody knows that's jeans.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No, no, no... This explains why Mrs CP keeps pushing you into the pool...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Cut down on starch

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Cut down on starch
                    Don't give him ideas - he'd probably try to feed them french fries...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment