Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Lesbian Wedding Cake Denialism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    By that logic, I can cite a few examples of Christians suing atheists and call that a reverse persecution. Here's what you fail to understand: it's not a persecution if a few dunderheads abuse the litigation process. Everyone deals with that, and in no way does it mean you're at higher risk for expressing your Christianity. Jaecp and I proved it's not a risky thing to do.
    Ah you admit these litigants are dunderheads.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Ah you admit these litigants are dunderheads.
      No, I was referring to the cases like Adrift cited (and any cases in which Christians frivolously sue atheists). I don't think it was dunderheaded for the lesbian couple to complain like they did.

If you actually read the interview instead of assuming you know the story, you'd realize how silly you sound now.

Comment

I did not stop with the interview.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I did not stop with the interview.
          Where'd you go after that?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            And it all could have been uneventful if the lesbians had simply gone to another baker who was willing to sell them a cake and leave the other baker alone.
            Yes it could've.

Just as it would also have been uneventful if Rosa Parks had simply moved to the back of the bus when confronted. But why would she have done that? She was demanding her civil rights in the face of bigotry just as the lesbians were.

Comment

As Mossy and Jed have clearly demonstrated disinterest in the facts, here's a link to the ruling itself:

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAsset...Cakes%20FO.pdf

Comment

It's also interesting that Christians here fail to acknowledge this lesbian couple adopted the kids of a friend of theirs who died. Very selfish people, these.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoy...heir-kids.html

The next time you see someone upset about that nice baker couple Oregon ordered to pay $135,000 to that spiteful thin-skinned lesbian couple, let them know that that nice baker couple doxxed the lesbian couple and very nearly cost them custody of their two children as a result.
                Last edited by whag; 07-29-2015, 10:03 AM.

Comment

As Mossy and Jed have clearly demonstrated disinterest in the facts, here's a link to the ruling itself:

http://www.oregon.gov/boli/SiteAsset...Cakes%20FO.pdf
                  This ruling is really not "facts" but legal jargon interpreting facts. I am aware of a great deal of the new available to the public. Liberals seem to ignore some of the facts that are less interesting to them.

It's also interesting that Christians here fail to acknowledge this lesbian couple adopted the kids of a friend of theirs who died. Very selfish people, these.
                  And this is relevant how? Neither moss nor I have claimed these people were unnaturally horrible. I am sure they have friends and family just like everyone else. The fact that I think they are lying about their motives in the case does not mean they are any more evil than anyone else. Human beings are imperfect not demons.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    No, you miswrote it.
                    Lolno. You clearly misinterpreted what she typed. Do you need remedial English lessons?
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

This ruling is really not "facts" but legal jargon interpreting facts.
                      That makes no sense. Explain how the drafters misinterpreted the facts.

I am aware of a great deal of the new available to the public. Liberals seem to ignore some of the facts that are less interesting to them.
                      Tell me. I'm interested.

Comment

I suspect, whag, that you have read all the same stuff I have read. If you have a specific question I may answer. A generic, "Tell me. I'm interested" gets nothing.

A court document is not facts, as you know. Don't play dumb.

Comment

This ruling is really not "facts" but legal jargon interpreting facts. I am aware of a great deal of the new available to the public. Liberals seem to ignore some of the facts that are less interesting to them.
                          Yes it is. The "ruling" is consistent with the fact that Oregon law prohibits businesses from discriminating or refusing service based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot turn away customers because of race, sex, disability, age or religion. The cake-shop owners were at fault, end of story.

Comment

I suspect, whag, that you have read all the same stuff I have read. If you have a specific question I may answer. A generic, "Tell me. I'm interested" gets nothing.

A court document is not facts, as you know. Don't play dumb.
                            Leave this thread if you can't bother to highlight what the court got wrong and what you insist I'm conveniently ignoring.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Lolno. You clearly misinterpreted what she typed. Do you need remedial English lessons?
                              No. You do though, since you don't seem to know how to parse verb modifiers.
                              Last edited by Roy; 07-30-2015, 04:45 AM.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                No. You do though, since you don't seem to know how to parse verb modifiers.
                                Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                Osteen is wrong. He also thinks that everybody will be saved. Friendly and liberal does not right make. It only means he is compromising his faith, and I use that term loosely with him and others like him, in order to be popular and make lots of money.
                                "in order to be popular and make lots of money" clearly refers back to the phrase "he is compromising his faith". You're the one who misread mossrose, she didn't "miswrite" anything.

Comment