Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Zeke365 God Lead Messages

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No, actually we don't. We're not that dumb.
    Somewhere someone probably is though. Well maybe.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

July 11/2014

As I reading the book of Jeremiah I noticed all to familiar with the the so called Church of today you may disagree with me or not but it sounds so familiar here verse

Jeremiah 7 : 3 Tell them this is what I, the Eternal, Commander of heavenly armies and God of Israel, have to say:

“Change your ways and stop what you are doing, and I will let you live in this land. 4 Do not rely on the misguided words, ‘The temple of the Eternal, the temple of the Eternal, the temple of the Eternal,’ as if the temple’s presence alone will protect you. 5 But if you genuinely change your ways and stop what you are doing; if you deal with each other fairly; 6 if you don’t oppress foreigners, orphans, and widows; if you don’t shed the blood of the innocent in this land; and if you don’t practice the self-destructive worship of other gods; 7 then I will let you live forever in this land I promised your ancestors long ago.
      Have we deluded our self in thinking that the church could protect us and that nothing can with hold just as as the temple of the Lord is here. The way only to fix the mess were in is to repent but how much of us actually truly repent. It sad to say today we no longer care but if you do then repent of your wicked ways. I want to show something else as well. gods in the old testament were worshiped and bowed downed to but we do not have that today do we? Well I'm not sure there any difference only the mindset.
      For example a church can be your god. Wait what? That not possible you say isn't that where we gather? Well lets think about it for a moment, You have Pastor that dictates what your suppose to do therefore creating idol on stage rather than God. (not all pastors are bad but this to show you a set up and how we made have gods not realize it.) Second there a praise and worship team of only famous talented people but you can not get in because your not good enough so you set far way idolizing the presence of the praise and worship team.
      So we have two idols in the church and what does the 10 commandments say the first and 2 commandment is most important here' Exodus 20:2-6
      Eternal One: 2 I am the Eternal your God. I led you out of Egypt and liberated you from lives of slavery and oppression.

3 You are not to serve any other gods before Me.

4 You are not to make any idol or image of other gods. In fact, you are not to make an image of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath. 5 You are not to bow down and serve any image, for I, the Eternal your God, am a jealous God. As for those who are not loyal to Me, their children will endure the consequences of their sins for three or four generations. 6 But for those who love Me and keep My directives, their children will experience My loyal love for a thousand generations.

We have already made idols in the church, Pastor is to look up for incite, Worship team is looked on like were not good enough. Many other things as well.
      Now let me tell you this is this any different than what they synagogues did in Jesus time no for church is not built out of a building it is built out of the people who make up that church. The people are the church not the building in which you gather.
      Do we have gods in our lives as well I believe so
      TV can be a god, for example you can come home and watch TV then a little more then little more until the TV takes over you instead of you over it, This has been true in my own life with my video games, there a point where the products says buy me this and you will be happy and soon is over taken is this no different than bowing to other gods. This message is not easy one but there only thing you should do in church no who the leader is to test the waters not harming them but to make sure there walking withe the Lord.
      Not sure where that scripture is but I hope this helps.

Comment

We're not under the old covenant. And we don't think a deity is somehow connected to the tv. Some people may have a problem with setting priorities, but that's not what the second commandment is about. You do need to realize that most of the Christians here on tweb are already aware of any decent points you are making. In other words, you are preaching to the choir and treating basic math(addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication) like calculus.
        Last edited by Christianbookworm; 07-29-2015, 08:31 AM.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by zeke365 View Post
          We have already made idols in the church, Pastor is to look up for incite, Worship team is looked on like were not good enough. Many other things as well.
          Since this speaks specifically to Israel it is only somewhat applicable to us. As far as it goes it would condemn the USA for all of it's turn to sin, rather than to the churches. Many churches are quite far from scripture, even heretical in many cases. The Church is alive and well even though some groups are falling (or fallen) away. We recognize that the true Church is made up of the believers all over the world and has little to do with individual buildings.

Would you please explain what you mean by the bold part of what I quoted. We already had one confusion resulting from your use of the word incite. I would like to know if you mean insight or something else. And the worship team is what ? My church does not have a worship team we all just worship with hymns, prayer together, and reading and study of the Word.

A little proof reading would go a long ways in getting your message across.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It hard to read where exactly he's coming from. He reminds me most of the new convert that starts reading the Bible and thinks no one else does. The worst is if he becomes a pastor. (Thinking of something JP Holding wrote along the lines of "a conversion experience and a few verses of Scripture are not sufficient qualification for a pastor.)

I think Zeke needs to learn more before he teaches.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I wonder how old he is? I'm 1/4 of a century and have known about the things zeke speaks of for at least 3/5 of my life.

Comment

understand I wrote this a year ago but when I said "Pastor is to look up for incite, Worship team is looked on like were not good enough." was meaning that Pastors, worship team can be looked on as idols don't get me wrong on this I do think we should sing songs to God and all but what I m saying is that alot of people may look at them as idols instead of regular people. I hope this answers your question.

Comment

understand I wrote this a year ago but when I said "Pastor is to look up for incite, Worship team is looked on like were not good enough." was meaning that Pastors, worship team can be looked on as idols don't get me wrong on this I do think we should sing songs to God and all but what I m saying is that alot of people may look at them as idols instead of regular people. I hope this answers your question.
                  I think this is actually very common knowledge by now, what with people like Joseph Prince, Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, Hillsongs, etc.
                  The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Why post old stuff anyways? Especially since it's like teaching addition to someone who has passed Calculus.

Comment

Again, zeke, I recommend proof reading and spell checking. I do not know what you mean by "incite." It means to stir up or encourage or something along that line. You should figure out what word you are going to use and spell them correctly so we can understand what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Again, zeke, I recommend proof reading and spell checking. I do not know what you mean by "incite." It means to stir up or encourage or something along that line. You should figure out what word you are going to use and spell them correctly so we can understand what you mean.
                        Perhaps it's grammar he needs.
                        The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

July 31, 2014

Lately God has really been been asking me about what does it mean to be free? What is freedom to, is to speak your mind, get out from going to hell? These are questions that have been bothering the the last few weeks. Well as I was searching for the meaning of freedom or being free there original meaning to it that means "To love" This struck me and what does the bible say about love
                          Matthew 22:37-40 " Jesus (quoting Scripture): 37 “Love the Eternal One your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your mind.”[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is nearly as important, “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[d] 40 The rest of the law, and all the teachings of the prophets, are but variations on these themes"

Okay what does this have to do with freedom I know I m suppose to love my myself and neighbor. Let take you back a little way why did George Washington fight so valiantly against the British, it because he fought for the vision he had, a country without a king dictating him what to do, but free to love the One who created us. Freedom is the ability to express our feeling to our Creator without being persecuted . We have the right to express our Christian views if we want. Love the person next to you weather they be in sin or not. Pray for people, it is not the people to bring people to church for freedom it is your Job to go out as well the so called church to love and pray for each other that our job that its it.

Comment

Cow Pole is responding to zeke's comment "I know lot of us when think of church we immediately think of a building."

In zeke's defense, I'm making the following two observations.

Certainly TWebbers won't think that. We have taken our Christian walk more seriously than the "average" Christian. So the observation is old news here.

Second, I've been in churches where the Trinity seems to be The Father, the Son, and the holy building. Does seem to be a malady of churches than have been established for a longer time. Maybe zeke comes from one of those churches.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                              Cow Pole...
                              Thanks, Thankful Mink.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks, Thankful Mink.
                                You've got no room to talk, typo boy.
                                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment