Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Zeke365 God Lead Messages

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March 11, 2014

Are you truly Christian, are you willing to be persecuted for your faith? These are questions not often asked in church anymore. These are questions we should be asking instead. Can you tell me that you would be willing to die for Jesus?
    Jesus is not just a savior and Messiah for our sins but his Father is Just and right on all things as well as judgement. Weather God decides to save America or not we shall not fear because the Lord the winner in all. learn this lesson well.
    Being a Christian is not to be subjected to rules but the freedom to obey the Father. For Christian should not participate in secular actives that may be wrong or even copied. The comping of secular items and turning into Christianity is good but you still bring secular stuff in.
    Do you listen to christian music that helps build up your faith or secular music which douses your faith.
    Being Christian does not mean you have to give up life but be more cautious on what you take in. Just like anything what you fill yourself up with is what you become.

Comment

Originally posted by zeke365 View Post
      March 11, 2014

Are you truly Christian, are you willing to be persecuted for your faith? These are questions not often asked in church anymore. These are questions we should be asking instead. Can you tell me that you would be willing to die for Jesus?
      Jesus is not just a savior and Messiah for our sins but his Father is Just and right on all things as well as judgement. Weather God decides to save America or not we shall not fear because the Lord the winner in all. learn this lesson well.
      Being a Christian is not to be subjected to rules but the freedom to obey the Father. For Christian should not participate in secular actives that may be wrong or even copied. The comping of secular items and turning into Christianity is good but you still bring secular stuff in.
      Do you listen to christian music that helps build up your faith or secular music which douses your faith.
      Being Christian does not mean you have to give up life but be more cautious on what you take in. Just like anything what you fill yourself up with is what you become.
      There is a big difference between "secular" and anti-Christian. Do not confuse the two. Your clothing culture is secular, for one.
      The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Why are you posting stuff a year old? And how does something that's not explicitly Christian douse one's faith? For example, listening to instrumental music of any kind is harmless. Unless you play it too loud and hurt your ears.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I mostly just wanted another place where I can share messages that the Lord gave me.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            ... listening to instrumental music of any kind is harmless.
            You've never spent a weekend at Bernie's!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I mostly just wanted another place where I can share messages that the Lord gave me.
              How do you know that these are messages that the Lord gave you?
              The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Apirl 28, 2014

This has been on my heart as of late.
                You know in John 14:12
                The Voice (VOICE)
                "12 I tell you the truth: whoever believes in Me will be able to do what I have done, but they will do even greater things, because I will return to be with the Father."
                Well you have heard this message a millions times I bet and heard that how the Church will be great when this stuff happens. You may ask why is it not happening now? Well the sad truth is we do not truly believe our selves we think someone more gifted is required to do these types of task but I say on to you that these are for you and me. So there another scripture I like to point out to prove something else
                Matthew 17:20-21 saids "Jesus: 20 Because you have so little faith. I tell you this: if you had even a faint spark of faith, even faith as tiny as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and because of your faith, the mountain would move. If you had just a sliver of faith, you would find nothing impossible. [21 But this kind is not realized except through much prayer and fasting.][b]"
                Here in America don't believe this either because it scares us or it not with in tradition but when has Jesus ever been in tradition.
                I think if we truly believed this these things, they would happen the reason we don't is it outside the norm.
                Now the next part relates to miracles the main topic. I do not think we truly believe that miracles can take place in our lives. Why you may ask it because we have more trust in doctors and medic then we do in God to heal us. Now I m not saying not to go to the doctor when your sick I just pointing out what our thought process is.
                Another reason we do not believe in miracles is because we want it to be big show. That not how God operates instead of waiting for this big show the Church keeps talking about it it up to you and me to do these things while led by the holy spirit.
                When you go up to get healing ask yourself this main question am I wanting the pastor to heal me or let God heal me? Miacles happen only to glorify His name. But in order for these events to take place we must first firmly believe that we can do these things through Christ. Now that I have shared with you this message believe you have the power to heal the sick, raise the dead because Jesus has given us that authority but truly believe and don't fake believe this. there are two bible verse in here I do not have reference for so please forgive me on that. so If you could reference those scriptures that be great.
                Now I say
                Matthew 28:19-20
                The Voice (VOICE)
                19 Go out and make disciples in all the nations. Ceremonially wash them through baptism in the name of the triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 20 Then disciple them. Form them in the practices and postures that I have taught you, and show them how to follow the commands I have laid down for you. And I will be with you, day after day, to the end of the age.

My though of the day.

Comment

Apirl 28, 2014

My though of the day.
                  Zeke, seriously, do you not have any CURRENT thoughts? When something is a "thought of the day", one expects it's something recent. And, yes, I see you've dated this to show it's old news.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Zeke, seriously, do you not have any CURRENT thoughts? When something is a "thought of the day", one expects it's something recent. And, yes, I see you've dated this to show it's old news.
                    Personally, I'm still waiting for something shocking to be posted. (See zeke's other thread if you don't understand the reference.)
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      Personally, I'm still waiting for something shocking to be posted. (See zeke's other thread if you don't understand the reference.)
                      Yes, and I requested a side of awe.

Comment

Walls of text are also hard to read. Does anyone know what zeke is saying? New revelation? He doesn't make any sense.
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Walls of text are also hard to read. Does anyone know what zeke is saying? New revelation? He doesn't make any sense.
                          It would help if he could write coherent English.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

May 18, 2014

This has been on my mind as of late.

What the true meaning of church is. I know lot of us when think of church we immediately think of a building. Most church get their foundation from
                            Matthew 16:18

The Voice (VOICE)

18 This is why I have called you Peter (rock): for on this rock I will build My church. The church will reign triumphant even at the gates of hell.

Well most church seem to focus on the rock and not beyond that. What I to show you is the Peter was the foundation of the new Christian faith after Jesus passed he passed it on to Peter. That means he was apart of this new family.
                            A lot of churches seem to miss a key factor here and that the church is not the rock but the family in which is associated with. Peter was a normal person like you and me but a lot of times our thinking of church is only focused on the rock instead of the meaning of it.
                            Not all churches are bad but here another scripture to help you

1 Corinthians 6:19

The Voice (VOICE)

19 Don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who comes from God and dwells inside of you? You do not own yourself.

I was doing some research and discovered that the church means house of the Lord but it could also mean the body is your temple. So what I am saying you ask? Well the church or the biblical meaning means that we are all apart of the same family just have a lot of distant cousins but if we have the Holy Spirit residing in us that means you are the Church. We the people make up the church but often times it taught to bring people to Church when it should be Bring the Church the people.
                            Often times when you go to building your in a a church building, the church seems to have this perfect image that we have to live up to in order to be right with God. This should not be the case if we are to accpet everyone an reach the lost.
                            Another thing is taught that we are to learn incite from someone rather than others. When I go into churches a lot, I feel like there no fellowship like there setting where you can't share with others what you are feeling or going through. This not how Jesus wanted the church to be.
                            The Church wants to welcome the lost then stop being perfect and strive for perfection. The church is NOT PERFECT and neither are pastors and elders but we strive for perfections. We need to break this stronghold otherwise who can we reach the lost?
                            The Church should welcome everyone and I mean EVERYONE and we should be free to discuss with others about what we feel the Lord is leading us to to do. It is about learning from each other not from one person. (Don't get me wrong on this and I nothing really against church that are walking in their calling but trying to show you a mindset that has been set.)
                            So as I conclude this message I will say this the Church is you, we are the church people of Christ make the church and we should learn from one another and not be afraid to talk to one another for as the scripture says
                            Proverbs 27:17

The Voice (VOICE)

17 In the same way that iron sharpens iron,
                            a person sharpens the character of his friend.

This what makes the church, church means the family in which we belong to Christ. God wants to have relationship with his new new family and each one who calls themselves Christians should have a relationship with God, but the relationship you have may differ from mine.

Comment

May 18, 2014

This has been on my mind as of late.

What the true meaning of church is. I know lot of us when think of church we immediately think of a building.
                              No, actually we don't. We're not that dumb.

Comment

What the true meaning of church is. I know lot of us when think of church we immediately think of a building.
                                Tell that to those who sing the United Methodist Hymnal Hymn 558. We Are The Church
                                It also appears in the Presbyterian Book of Praise 1997 as Hymn 475.
                                I suppose there are many others who sing the same hymn, except for those who lack such traditions. Only an unlearned Christian would think of a building when the word "church" comes to mind.

Well most church seem to focus on the rock and not beyond that. What I to show you is the Peter was the foundation of the new Christian faith after Jesus passed he passed it on to Peter. That means he was apart of this new family.
                                If Peter is supposed to be the foundation of the Christian faith, strange how only very shortly after Peter's confession of Jesus as the Christ that Peter would suggest something stupid and Jesus said to him, "Get behind me, Satan!"
                                The rock that Jesus was referring to was Peter's confession, not Peter himself. This is an issue with English translations since there is no gender for nouns in English, so one would miss the fact that Jesus used a feminine noun for "rock", so it could not have been Peter that Jesus was referring to.

I was doing some research and discovered that the church means house of the Lord but it could also mean the body is your temple. So what I am saying you ask? Well the church or the biblical meaning means that we are all apart of the same family just have a lot of distant cousins but if we have the Holy Spirit residing in us that means you are the Church. We the people make up the church but often times it taught to bring people to Church when it should be Bring the Church the people.
                                Often times when you go to building your in a a church building, the church seems to have this perfect image that we have to live up to in order to be right with God. This should not be the case if we are to accpet everyone an reach the lost.
                                Another thing is taught that we are to learn incite from someone rather than others. When I go into churches a lot, I feel like there no fellowship like there setting where you can't share with others what you are feeling or going through. This not how Jesus wanted the church to be.
                                The Church wants to welcome the lost then stop being perfect and strive for perfection. The church is NOT PERFECT and neither are pastors and elders but we strive for perfections. We need to break this stronghold otherwise who can we reach the lost?
                                The Church should welcome everyone and I mean EVERYONE and we should be free to discuss with others about what we feel the Lord is leading us to to do. It is about learning from each other not from one person. (Don't get me wrong on this and I nothing really against church that are walking in their calling but trying to show you a mindset that has been set.)
                                So as I conclude this message I will say this the Church is you, we are the church people of Christ make the church and we should learn from one another and not be afraid to talk to one another for as the scripture says
                                Proverbs 27:17

The Voice (VOICE)

17 In the same way that iron sharpens iron,
                                a person sharpens the character of his friend.

This what makes the church, church means the family in which we belong to Christ. God wants to have relationship with his new new family and each one who calls themselves Christians should have a relationship with God, but the relationship you have may differ from mine.
                                Apart from the fact that "church" simply meant a gathering of believers and does not actually mean "house of the Lord", and that when Paul addressed "your body" he was using "your" in the plural (another case of something being lost in translation) indicating that the church as a whole and not as an individual is the temple of the Holy Spirit, not our spirit, I think the rest of your points are pretty much spot on, such as bringing the church to others rather than bringing others to the church, or the gathering of believers in a building that does not edify or bring fellowship.

Comment