Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Faroe Islanders massacre hundreds of whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of jealous of Satanists sometimes, their public displays are so freaking metal.

I dunno though Starlight, I'm sure we can find some way for all the gay guys that will be having public sex in front of that winged goat... thing to take one for the team and impregnate some lesbians. I know your from New Zealand, but have some faith in good old fashion American ingenuity why don't you. One of my best friends from colleges father bearded so hard in the 70's that he had children!
    Last edited by Jaecp; 07-28-2015, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Now that the Satanists have a cool-looking statue we can do our child sacrifices and gay-sex rituals in front of that altar, yus!
      Even P. Z. Myers thinks that this thing is ugly.

Comment

So again, this practice does not hurt this whale population, the whales do not suffer any pain at this death, and its an integral part of the local culture and food industry. Hence there is no good reason it should be stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          Now that the Satanists have a cool-looking statue we can do our child sacrifices and gay-sex rituals in front of that altar, yus!

(Now all we need is for a Christian poster to point out to me that gay sex rituals won't cause pregnancy and thus won't conceive a child to be able to sacrifice to Satan, and hence that the entire theology of confused Molech-Satan worship is logically bankrupt. Such unbelievers, of course, are committing a logical fallacy by inherently discounting the possibility of the miraculous.)
          You make jokes like this about killing babies, and yet you claim to be sickened by the killing of a few hundred whales per year. What a hypocrite!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
            I can giggle and tell people I know that someone actually tried to compare abortion to child sacrifices to some random god from the bible.

Because, dude, that entire train of thought is positively nuts and it's legitimately hilarious.
            So you can not see any difference either. Thanks for admitting it.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              So you can not see any difference either. Thanks for admitting it.
              Yes, that is the conclusion best drawn from someone finding your comparison giggle worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                You know the people that view the lives of others as cheap are often said to be psychopath's, right?
                You eat burgers don’t you LPOT? Of course, you thought I was talking about human beings. We so easily assume our own superiority without thinking. Anthropocentrism is an immoral idea taught by many religions. We need to tone it down.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Hmmm... would it be okay to kill unborn whales in the same way unborn human babies are killed in abortions?

Of course not. I wouldn't want any verterbrate animal killed in the manner that abortions are preformed.
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Yes, that is the conclusion best drawn from someone finding your comparison giggle worthy.
                    But still no discernible, meaningful difference I see. My comparison still seems to stand.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Maybe he means that aborted fetuses aren't literally sacrificed on an altar as part of a religious ritual?
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        Maybe he means that aborted fetuses aren't literally sacrificed on an altar as part of a religious ritual?
                        Well that is true, we do not have a literal alter, but the religious purpose is still the same as the Moloch worshipers, a hope for some advantage to the ones sacrificing someone else for their possible benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          No, it means that entire comparison is ridiculous. Giggle worthy.

More so because people here talk about sacrifices to pagan gods and seem to take it serious.

So funny

Comment

No, it means that entire comparison is ridiculous. Giggle worthy.

More so because people here talk about sacrifices to pagan gods and seem to take it serious.

So funny
                            Yeah, cuz no one does that anymore (says the obvious Westerner)

worship-buddha-20654219.jpg
                            5837465404_34093691a6.jpg
                            sacrifice-buffle-we.jpg
                            sigpic

Comment

Jed is talking about abortion here, in the US, being the same thing as human sacrifice to Moloch or something.

Get your context straight before you try and play at being a hero. The existence of actual animal sacrifice elsewhere is not evidence in his favor
                              Last edited by Jaecp; 07-28-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Jed is talking about abortion here, in the US, being the same thing as human sacrifice to Moloch or something.
                                And Jaecp can not give me one substantial difference between the two. Not one. He just waves his hands and says it is laughable, but gives no support or reasons to back it up - because they are identical in the area that I compared the two. Both are sacrificing someone else for some hoped for advantage for the one doing the sacrifice. He can not answer so he just pretends.

ETA: The similarity is even greater than I mentioned above. In both cases the one being sacrificed, for said hoped for advantage, is the offspring of the one making the sacrifice.
                                Last edited by Jedidiah; 07-28-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment