Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Faroe Islanders massacre hundreds of whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whag View Post
    You're not doing prolife apologetics any service when you fire off emotional responses like that. Go back and read what I said and try again.
    avoiding again. figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      avoiding again. figures.
      Leaping from eggs to babies again. Figures. Sidestepping the mother again. Figures.

Comment

Leaping from eggs to babies again. Figures. Sidestepping the mother again. Figures.
        just answer my question instead of continually avoiding it. If it is OK to abort a baby because of his father's criminal activity, then why can't we use that same logic against the children of all criminals?

You know that claiming it is OK to abort a baby because of something his father did is wrong and you want to avoid the issue now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
          Fathers on the other hand are still forced to be fathers because men suck.

In other news you could be hit by a bus and die tomorrow so better stop crossing the road because it can be dangerous and lead to death.
          Not sure what you mean by that, but I hope you weren't comparing mandatory incubation after rape to the risk of crossing a road.

Comment

just answer my question instead of continually avoiding it. If it is OK to abort a baby because of his father's criminal activity, then why can't we use that same logic against the children of all criminals?

You know that claiming it is OK to abort a baby because of something his father did is wrong and you want to avoid the issue now.
            Try again. Factor the mother in and stop calling a fertilized egg a baby.

Comment

If it's not called a baby you can't call the person with the fetus in her belly a mother.

She is nothing more than an incubator.

Oh, wait.....how dehumanizing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

A lot of this just boils down to the authoritarian concept the God owns the fertilized eggs and only he gets to say who lives and dies. I doubt Sparko actually is having difficulty understanding the difference between an organism that is less developed that what he ate for breakfast and a real baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  If it's not called a baby you can't call the person with the fetus in her belly a mother.

She is nothing more than an incubator.

Oh, wait.....how dehumanizing.
                  You're not a mother or a father until you change a diaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                    You're not a mother or a father until you change a diaper.
                    I hope you are joking.

My Dad never changed a diaper in his life, but he faithfully raised 6 kids and was the best father anybody ever had.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

as mossy said, "mother?" that implies a baby, an individual human being, not a clump of cells that are "part of a woman's body" as pro-abortionists like to say.

Here let me factor in the mother. A mother of a two year old just finds out that her husband is a rapist and was caught and convicted. Why shouldn't she be able to kill her two-year-old child?

Or what of a woman who was actually raped and did not get an abortion but had the baby. Then a year later she changes her mind and kills the baby. Why would that be wrong, according to your logic?

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        I hope you are joking.
                        Kinda.

I'm just showing you the way words are used and how people ascribe different values to them without being evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                          A lot of this just boils down to the authoritarian concept the God owns the fertilized eggs and only he gets to say who lives and dies. I doubt Sparko actually is having difficulty understanding the difference between an organism that is less developed that what he ate for breakfast and a real baby.
                          We were all once a single cell, a fertilized egg. Even you. Aren't you glad your mother didn't think of you as something less developed than her breakfast and gotten rid of you?

Comment

We were all once a single cell, a fertilized egg. Even you. Aren't you glad your mother didn't think of you as something less developed than her breakfast and gotten rid of you?
                            And humans used to also be have about the same level of intelligence as animals but that stop you from hunting them.

Comment

as mossy said, "mother?" that implies a baby, an individual human being, not a clump of cells that are "part of a woman's body" as pro-abortionists like to say.

Here let me factor in the mother. A mother of a two year old just finds out that her husband is a rapist and was caught and convicted. Why shouldn't she be able to kill her two-year-old child?

Or what of a woman who was actually raped and did not get an abortion but had the baby. Then a year later she changes her mind and kills the baby. Why would that be wrong, according to your logic?
                              Don't extend it out two years and factor in forcing a woman who didn't ask to undergo the risks of pregnancy. I fully support a rape victim's right to take the morning after pill. Most Christians agree with me about these difficult cases because they don't pretend morality isn't ambiguous but always black and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
                                I'm guessing you killed them in order to save them from a life of misery. Am I right?
                                Disgusting.

Comment