Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Faroe Islanders massacre hundreds of whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    And humans used to also be have about the same level of intelligence as animals but that stop you from hunting them.
    Intelligence has nothing to do with the value of a human being. A rich, wealthy, American, business executive, who is capable of donathing thousand and millions of dollars to foreign aid, is not worth a thousand times, or even two times as much as a starved, hungry, feeble child in Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
      It's worse than that. They had children who have developmental disorders from drug and alcohol abuse during pregnancy. They abuse them in an endless cycle of bad parenting. They're all a mess and some of their children are now having babies themselves. Awesome. Worse, the Christian relatives who should be helping have no sympathy for them and wrote them off per Paul's advice to hand them over to Satan.
      I see.

Don't ask simplistic overemotional questions like that. You're not fooling anyone with that crap, except maybe your choir.
      That's some pretty entertaining speech from someone who doesn't even know me. I'm all to well aware of the cycle that abuse victims go through. If you knew anything about me then you would know that I am a men's rights sympathizer who understands that male victims of domestic violence and rape often go ignored from their pain and suffering. Yet somehow you think I would not understand this in your friends case.
      “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Not sure what you mean by that, but I hope you weren't comparing mandatory incubation after rape to the risk of crossing a road.
        No, it was a response to the argument that parents should be aloud to abort their babies because pregnancy could have a very minor chance of complications. You also could have a very minor chance of being hit by a bus tomorrow but it's not going to stop you from crossing the road.
        Last edited by Darth Ovious; 07-31-2015, 03:24 PM. Reason: Grammar
        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Try again. Factor the mother in and stop calling a fertilized egg a baby.
          Of course no need to factor fathers in. They just need to do what their told and raise children they don't want. Only mothers get to kill their children if they don't want them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            If it's not called a baby you can't call the person with the fetus in her belly a mother.

She is nothing more than an incubator.

Oh, wait.....how dehumanizing.
            Typically speaking if you're not going to even bother to try to be a mother and you don't want the kid then an incubator is all you are.

Comment

And humans used to also be have about the same level of intelligence as animals but that stop you from hunting them.
              Wrong. I thought you knew about evolution. Cause if you did then you would know that humans are equal to our pre-historic ancestors. That's like trying to compare birds with dinsaurs just because birds evolved from the line of dinosaurs. They are NOT the same.

Comment

Disgusting.
                Thank you for agreeing.

Comment

Leaping from eggs to babies again. Figures. Sidestepping the mother again. Figures.
                  What is the difference? Just different stages of development.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Don't ask simplistic overemotional questions like that. You're not fooling anyone with that crap, except maybe your choir.
                    The thing here is there are two choirs involved here. Ours and yours. You are doing just as much preaching.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      What is the difference? Just different stages of development.
                      One could easily point out that embryos do not yet have brains, and as such, there is no physical apparatus by which the embryo can think or feel--whereas babies do have organs and probably can think and feel.
                      Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                        One could easily point out that embryos do not yet have brains, and as such, there is no physical apparatus by which the embryo can think or feel--whereas babies do have organs and probably can think and feel.
                        So at what point of gestation do the organs develop? Can it be called a baby then?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                          Probably?

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            So at what point of gestation do the organs develop? Can it be called a baby then?
                            According to "Fetal development timeline: Your growing baby's milestones" the organs start developing between four and ten weeks with some beginning to function during this time. For instance the heart begins beating after five weeks (although the Mayo Clinic says that heart starts pumping blood after 4 weeks).

I get the impression that many pro-abortion proponents think that these things start happening much later.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              According to "Fetal development timeline: Your growing baby's milestones" the organs start developing between four and ten weeks with some beginning to function during this time. For instance the heart begins beating after five weeks (although the Mayo Clinic says that heart starts pumping blood after 4 weeks).

I get the impression that many pro-abortion proponents think that these things start happening much later.
                              So, we can call it a BABY then, according to fm, as early as 4 weeks when the organs start to develop.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                What is the difference?
                                You don't see the difference between a seed and a majestic tree? We don't call an asteroid a planet, and they're both essentially composed of the same stuff. You'd seriously call a fertilized egg a baby, or do you see any ambiguity here?

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                Just different stages of development.
                                10 to 15 percent of all pregnancies end in natural abortion. Do you believe Satan interrupts that process? Be honest. I won't goof on you, but I might ask hard questions.

Comment