Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

That time of the month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That time of the month...

Okay ladies. Its contender vs contender time. My spouse was asking me why I'm so cranky the last few days and reasonably so I pointed out that my uninvited aunt flo was not only visiting she was causing extra laundry to be done if I didn't make it to change every hour. He so generously said that "this is your excuse everymonth."

Well as my luck would have it right before or just when Aunt flo visits, I have bloating, pain, migraines, and even sub clinical seizures. Without fail, I always have increased anxiety and depression and its been this way for 15 pr more years. I have had reprieve only in pregnancy.

While he says I use it as an excuse, I do everything I can (once I know she's coming) to minimize symptoms, in the realm of treatment both allopathic and naturopathic. and exercise He thinks everything else is just in my head and I can control my actions. To an extent yes, but I'm extremely prone to defensiveness yelling screaming misinterpretations, tears etc.
    I think that he should do his best not to start a conversation that may provoke debate and if it does just for the next 5 days let me have my opinion even if I think the sky was created by monkeys.
    He hasn't learned that PMS is real, its frightening (for me and him) and don't push the pmser Ladies what scientific evidence do we have to support this notion?
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Hormones are chemically in the steroid family. Does he doubt their effects as well?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Are we permitted to just link out to articles?
      This one may help: http://theconversation.com/pms-is-re...ms-women-11714
      If I did that wrong, please excuse me. I'm recently returned after a long absence!
      sigpic
      "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

Argument by weblink is still a no-no and posting links only when they are the topical matter is a bad thing. But posting a link that helps someone with a specific issue they requested help with is still perfectly okay, to the best of my non-mod knowledge.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          Argument by weblink is still a no-no and posting links only when they are the topical matter is a bad thing. But posting a link that helps someone with a specific issue they requested help with is still perfectly okay, to the best of my non-mod knowledge.
          We need you back on mod staff. The place could always use more girl power.
          sigpic
          "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

Yeah, well...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X