Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 07/29/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 07/29/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

The Multitasking, Unstoppable, Faithful God…

“And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” (Philippians 1:6, AMP)

When it comes to multitasking God is in a class all by himself! Not only is God unapproachable in multitasking he is at the same time unstoppable! However, as powerful and unstoppable as God is I have a “bone to pick” with him, there are times when he moves so slow in my life I have great difficulty seeing him moving. And on the other hand he moves so fast I can't even see him. Not that it really matters whether I can see God at work or not because the evidence of the Holy Spirit in me is overwhelming, but it would really be great to have a chance to stop him and give him a great big hug.

One of the most powerful and influential bible narratives in the life of Jesus (and you and I) is found in chapter 9 of John. “Jesus answered, It was not that this man or his parents sinned, but he was born blind in order that the workings of God should be manifested (displayed and illustrated) in him.” (John 9:3, AMP) I wasn't born blind like the man in the narrative but as said before I have two artificial hips, a troubled heart, pulmonary fibrosis, type two diabetes, Myasthenia Gravis (in remission), 69 years old and the “workings of God” are hard at work sustaining and empowering me 24/7. And here's what you want and need to hear the same Multitasking / Unstoppable God working in me is at the same time working in you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you get the idea!

Oh, by the way quite a few years ago God did slow down long enough for me to get a fleeting glimpse of him and while he really defies description I can however, describe him in one word… Jesus!

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“I pray that the Lord will bless your life and will be kind to you.” (2 Timothy 4:22, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Scriptures marked AMP have been taken from The Amplified Bible. Copyright 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by: The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA. All rights reserved.

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X