Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Bruxism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruxism

I went to the dentist yesterday because I've had intense mouth pain lately. Turns out I have Bruxism. The pain is still simply awful and I have been given 800 mg of Ibuprofen along with Penicillin to take regularly and I'm working to avoid clenching my teeth. Until then, the pain can often still be intense. Can anyone recommend anything that could be more immediate for the pain? (And I'm sure Allie would appreciate it as well since I've been keeping her up at night.)

Did you dentist suggest mouth guards as an option?

Comment

Yep

Comment

A mouth guard can help retrain your muscles. Some massage therapist work on the temporal mandibular joint, but they have to put their thumbs inside your mouth to do it. It's not comfortable work! And, some dentists offer neuromuscular dentistry. You can google the term to see if there's anyone in your area. That dose of ibuprofen should also help you sleep more deeply, so your jaw will relax.
        sigpic
        "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

The potential downside of a mouth guard, as I found, is that your mouth may think it is food and try to digest it with saliva.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
            The potential downside of a mouth guard, as I found, is that your mouth may think it is food and try to digest it with saliva.
            A lot of people already drool in their sleep a lot, so I wouldn't think this would be a huge problem if it's made of the right materials.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X