Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you find yourself in Texas, don't shoot any armadillos

As reported in this news article:

An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, southwest of Texarkana, at around 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

"We didn't find the armadillo," the sheriff said.

As someone who's had his jaws wired shut, I sympathize with this man and what he's going through. But that said,

This is one of the most Texas things ever.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

It wasn't a ricochet. That'll teach him to shoot at Slowpoke Rodriguez...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Well, at least he didn't shoot his eye out.

Comment

The sheriff knew what everybody wanted to know.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"East Texas" isn't really Texas. They talk funny up there.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Well, at least he didn't shoot his eye out.

He couldn't. It wasn't Christmas.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
              As reported in this news article:

An East Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said on Friday.

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, southwest of Texarkana, at around 3 a.m. on Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.

"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.

The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.

The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.

The status of the animal is unknown.

As someone who's had his jaws wired shut, I sympathize with this man and what he's going through. But that said,

This is one of the most Texas things ever.
              Just wanna quash any rumors before they start about it actually being one of my Ninja Squirrel Assassins in one of their clever disguises using his shinobigatana (a.k.a. ninjatō) to deflect the bullet back at him in a display of mad ninja skills. That. Is. Not. What. Happened.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Just wanna quash any rumors before they start about it actually being one of my Ninja Squirrel Assassins in one of their clever disguises using his shinobigatana (a.k.a. ninjatō) to deflect the bullet back at him in a display of mad ninja skills. That. Is. Not. What. Happened.
                Of course not. Chichi was much too drunk to have hit the broad side of a barn that night. Told you not to serve acorn beer at the office party.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  Of course not. Chichi was much too drunk to have hit the broad side of a barn that night. Told you not to serve acorn beer at the office party.
                  And we have pics to prove it...

f6181acc2af2618e834bcbda74acb851c014b0270d7da7f99bd303c12c2a58ff.jpg
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"Chichi" is not a squirrel name

Chiskwiquikiki is a squirrel name. In fact there are two of them in the NSA. As well as a Chikkquikiki.

You should stop pretending.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      And we have pics to prove it...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8473[/ATTACH]
                      Speaking of pictorial proof...

eF05aJD.jpg

Yup, you definitely are an orange

1411212721387_wps_86_U_S_singer_Miley_Cyrus_pe.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        "Chichi" is not a squirrel name

Chiskwiquikiki is a squirrel name. In fact there are two of them in the NSA. As well as a Chikkquikiki.

You should stop pretending.
                        Of course it isn't. But it is the short form of Chikklikchikiki, which you would know if your squirrel wasn't still at the third grade level. Talk about pretending...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Of course it isn't. But it is the short form of Chikklikchikiki, which you would know if your squirrel wasn't still at the third grade level. Talk about pretending...
                          The short form of Chikklikchikiki is Chikkli not Chichi. You are only embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Look at all these posers pretending they know squirrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                              Look at all these posers pretending they know squirrel.
                              Teal and Bill should be ashamed.

Comment