Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Where is the line to obtain scientific Achivements? Human experiments/sacrifices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the line to obtain scientific Achivements? Human experiments/sacrifices?

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    ....... Fact is, some the most impressive developments in physics, astronomy, engineering, aerospace, automotive, and general human advancement came from the Nazi's and Fascists whom all were eugenicists. The questionable moral compass they may have had at time does nothing to diminish the great achievements and insight, and Margaret Sanger should be no different. The only reason you apply this logic to her exclusively is due to your fanatic commitment to the anti-abortion movement that clouds your judgment and causes you to spew absolute propaganda. .
    Quote from http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...enthood/page46

I am not saying that sea of red is saying that great achievements is ok even if obtained with human experiments/sacrifices but the underlined and bolded statement make me think that some people (no one in particular) seems ok with human experiments/sacrifices. I heard that some pharmaceuticals do their experiments to people third world countries. Nothing wrong with it rights since great achievements and insights will be obtained.

Anyway, I can express myself much so my questions is. How far should scientific experiment goes for us to draw the line if weighted with the great achievements of insights to be obtained?

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
    Quote from http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...enthood/page46

I am not saying that sea of red is saying that great achievements is ok even if obtained with human experiments/sacrifices but the underlined and bolded statement make me think that some people (no one in particular) seems ok with human experiments/sacrifices. I heard that some pharmaceuticals do their experiments to people third world countries. Nothing wrong with it rights since great achievements and insights will be obtained.

Anyway, I can express myself much so my questions is. How far should scientific experiment goes for us to draw the line if weighted with the great achievements of insights to be obtained?
    The issue was that Crystal (LPoT) was trying to use a character assassination as a way of drawing an equivalency between abortion rights and birth control to Nazi style eugenics. This is flawed reasoning in way of a multitude. Thomas Jefferson was an advocate for human rights and owned slaves, Issac Newton was a physicist that believed in alchemy, Wernher Von Braun was one of the earliest pioneers behind aerospace and he was a Nazi that participated in Jewish enslavement. None of those things diminishes what they brought to the table in intellectual though - it simply give us pause to human fallibility and morality. So Charles Darwins racist views should nothing to diminish evolutionary theory and Margaret Sanger's early eugenics philosophy do not diminish the idea of birth control, population control, or abortion rights.
    Last edited by Sea of red; 08-03-2015, 07:47 AM.

Comment