Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Red Wasps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yow. sounds like what happened to me with some yellow jackets a couple of weeks ago. Trimming hedges and I must have hit their nest. Got stung twice as I ran away.

Been trying to set up a wasp trap to kill them. Tried vinegar, and CLR but neither did much. I am trying sugar water next.

Made the trap out of a 2 liter bottle:

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
      You're, like, a Jedi Master or something now! I'll bet you can be their overlord now. Get back up on that ladder and command them into a herd of pigs!

It worked! And we had BLT's for lunch, extra extra bacon!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        ... and balaclava just in case.
        Mr Mossy wears pastries?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Mr Mossy wears pastries?

Attracts the wasps.......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That reminds me of when we went camping...

We had the cup of noodles with the hot water added...

Wasps were flying into it and dying.

You could try that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              If I want to do this myself, where do I find the instructions?
              It starts with the ritual citation "hey, Bubba, hold my beer and watch this...."

(Those words are also the last spoken words of many a redneck)

Comment

OK, I learned a few things about Red Wasps today while replacing a rotted soffit on the front of my house ....

Red Wasps will frequently move into places where wood has rotted, and a hole is available to enter.
                Red Wasps, once "at home", do not like visitors.
                Red Wasps stick together and fight as a team.
                When standing on a ladder pulling at rotted wood, be prepared for a huge swarm of Red Wasps to come out with a single mission.
                Jumping from the top of a ladder into bushes, particularly the sego palm type, can be quite painful.
                Getting stung by a Red Wasp on your ear lobe and IN your ear can be incredibly painful.

And that's what I know so far, about Red Wasps.
                The Society for the Advancement of Knowledge about the Consequences of Irritating Red Wasps thank you abundantly for your sacrifice.

Comment

Feeling any better yet?
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Actually, this morning, the swelling and tenderness has moved down the left side of my neck, and I can feel it's warmer than the rest of my face/neck. But that means God is at work healing my booboo.

Yes, doing much better - swelling on the ear has gone down, and it just feels warm to the touch.

Thanks for asking!

Comment

Actually, this morning, the swelling and tenderness has moved down the left side of my neck, and I can feel it's warmer than the rest of my face/neck.
                      The transformation begins

age_of_champions_wasp_man_by_anotherdamian-d4nhaef.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Are you a Benadryl guy? Or, doing anything topically to stop the histamine response?

Personally, I'd prefer to set up camp in a chaise lounge and milk this thing as long as you can. Tap into your inner thespian.
                        sigpic
                        "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

Glad you are feeling better.

Be glad they weren't golden wasps. Those hurt a lot more!
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Glad you are feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                              Are you a Benadryl guy? Or, doing anything topically to stop the histamine response?

Personally, I'd prefer to set up camp in a chaise lounge and milk this thing as long as you can. Tap into your inner thespian.
                              I guess I'm a "gripe about it for a bit then move on" kinda guy. I forgot it hurt til I saw this.

It's so much better, it's just a minor inconvenience now.

As for Benadryl, for some reason, it makes me kinda dizzy and gives me a weird feeling. (I mean, weirder than normal)

Comment

How I picture got stung by those wasps:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X