Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Planned Parent Video: The Worse Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Planned Parent Video: The Worse Yet?

You decide:

HOUSTON, Aug. 4–The fifth undercover video in the controversy over Planned Parenthood’s sale of aborted baby parts shows the Director of Research for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, Melissa Farrell, advertising the Texas Planned Parenthood branch’s track record of fetal tissue sales, including its ability to deliver fully intact fetuses.
    http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/2015/08/698/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    looks like some of the doctors in this facility doing the abortions are researchers also and use the parts from the babies they kill for thier own research as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      looks like some of the doctors in this facility doing the abortions are researchers also and use the parts from the babies they kill for thier own research as well.
      How can any liberal on this board still deny what is going on here?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Because to so many this is a political issue not a moral one. Many of the same folks who went bat *&^% crazy over the killing of Cecil the Lion will find excuses for what's going on over at PP. Hillary Clinton will find a way to praise PP for all the good they do. And isn't it ironic how many liberals have repeated the claim that fetal tissue research saves lives? These folks are certifiable.
        Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment

It's not so much that they deny what's happen but that they simply don't care which I find even more horrifying.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The first four videos didn't actually show illegal activity, easily shown with the uncut tapes, so why do you think the 5th time is going to be different?

Comment

It doesn't have to be illegal to be immoral.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Feel free to argue the morals of it then, CBW, because the CMP stuff has been about claims of illegality and, as such, is what I've focused on

The problem your going to run into though is that the moral debate isn't changed by these videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                  The first four videos didn't actually show illegal activity...
                  Selling human body parts, including fetal tissue, for profit is illegal, and every video released has shown Planned Parenthood representatives actively engaging in discussions on how to maximize their profit by selling the body parts of murdered babies. And they're not speculating, either. It's abundantly clear that what they're discussing are things they are actively doing. To claim that the "videos [don't] actually show illegal activity" is absurd.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 08-04-2015, 01:38 PM.

Comment

The first four videos didn't actually show illegal activity, easily shown with the uncut tapes, so why do you think the 5th time is going to be different?

If they are altering the abortion procedure to get intact babies or better baby parts then it is illegal.

The sale or purchase of human fetal tissue is a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison or a fine of up to $500,000 (42 U.S.C. 289g-2). Federal law also requires that no alteration in the timing or method of abortion be done for the purposes of fetal tissue collection (42 U.S.C. 289g-1).

“Where we probably have an edge over other organizations, our organization has been doing research for many many years,” explains Farrell. When researchers need a specific part from the aborted fetus, Farrell says, “We bake that into our contract, and our protocol, that we follow this, so we deviate from our standard in order to do that.”

Asked specifically if this means Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast can change abortion procedures to supply intact fetal specimens, Farrell affirms, “Some of our doctors in the past have projects and they’re collecting the specimens, so they do it in a way that they get the best specimens, so I know it can happen.“

The investigators ask Farrell how she will frame a contract in which they pay a higher price for higher quality fetal body parts, and she replies, “We can work it out in the context of–obviously, the procedure itself is more complicated,” suggesting that “without having you cover the procedural cost” and paying for the abortion, the higher specimen price could be framed as “additional time, cost, administrative burden.”

Farrell finally summarizes her affiliate’s approach to fetal tissue payments: “If we alter our process, and we are able to obtain intact fetal cadavers, we can make it part of the budget that any dissections are this, and splitting the specimens into different shipments is this. It’s all just a matter of line items.”

Comment

What would the outrage be if they killed unborn kittens/puppies/etc. the same way unborn human babies are aborted?

Comment

Even if this were true, the point isn't primarily about criminal activity. How many people here knew that PP (legally or illegally) trafficked body parts before these videos? I sure didn't. The main point is likely to publicize what a horror show PP is so that people who aren't psychopaths (IE: not you) can see what they support.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          What would the outrage be if they killed unborn kittens/puppies/etc. the same way unborn human babies are aborted?
                          Ask the ghost of Cecil the Lion. The mainstream media gave him more coverage in a day than the Planned Parenthood videos did in two-weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Ask the ghost of Cecil the Lion. The mainstream media gave him more coverage in a day than the Planned Parenthood videos did in two-weeks.
                            He didn't get tortured to death though. And of course I'd be against killing an animal in the ways aborted babies are killed also. Animal abuse isn't good either. Child abuse is worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Speaking of which:

A Psychic Says She Spoke With Cecil The Lion After His Death

“I just connected with Cecil the lion who was recently killed,” she wrote. “I wanted to let him know how loved and honored he is. I was moved to tears to hear his words. His message is profound.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eal-death.html
                              Good to hear that old Cecil is doing well in the afterlife.

Comment