Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Does preterism lead to atheism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Sure, like most human things it is what we make of it. We tend to only think of governmental affairs as politics but it really is in every group, especially evident when the group is organized or organizing.

I argued in a blog post once that abdicating the political field is a bad thing. Government has a huge impact on people's lives, the same people we as Christians are supposed to love. In a democratic republic especially when we sit down and shut up someone else will fill the void but not in a good way.
    Okay, it's just that I think I have the same apathy about politics as most young adults. Except abortion. Murdering babies is wrong!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
      WOW..... just wow.

Go take your sexism somewhere else.
      Science

Comment

Why does it seem like all the futurists are sexist? I mean, come on guys, you aren't doing any favours to your cause then.
        "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

Why does it seem like all the futurists are sexist? I mean, come on guys, you aren't doing any favours to your cause then.
          To be fair, men and women do have physical differences. I myself am about three times as emotional, partially because I have a mood disorder. On the other hand, I have never seen CBW be emotional.

I thought it was just a doofy thing to add to his post.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

While I do recognize the fact that women are scientifically more emotional, it is not a valid usage to make that into a sterotype about all women.
            "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
            -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I support the :
            sigpic

Comment

Please don't confuse Darfius with all futurists.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Please don't confuse Darfius with all futurists.
                True.. most futurists are pretty cool people... problem is I think with the TWebbers with more of a fundie bent
                -Unknown

I support the :
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eschaton View Post
                  All I know is that everything I see about libertarian seems to be against Christian values. Check some of Penn Gillettte's videos on Libertarianism. People need to know the truth. As far as dizzle is concerned, people can check her Youtube channel.

Liberty is against Christian values? Try again, this time making a more rational statement.
                  -Unknown

I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Liberty is against Christian values? Try again, this time making a more rational statement.
                    Don't you understand??? Non-aggression is clearly anti-Christian. I mean, it's so obvious.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                      Don't you understand??? Non-aggression is clearly anti-Christian. I mean, it's so obvious.
                      Obviously Christ meant for us to fight others when he said, "Do onto others as you would have them do to you."
                      -Unknown

I support the :
                      sigpic

Comment

Obviously Christ meant for us to fight others when he said, "Do onto others as you would have them do to you."
                        Didn't the text originally say: Do unto others what they would have done to you if they had the chance?

Comment

Futurism is the washed up rapper of eschatology.
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            Okay, it's just that I think I have the same apathy about politics as most young adults. Except abortion. Murdering babies is wrong!
                            I understand. Just so you know, abortion is an issue not politics per se
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                              Futurism is the washed up rapper of eschatology.
                              On Tweb, definitely. But I haven't meant one preterist outside of Tweb, neither online or in real life, which is odd to me. I take it Tweb was originally started with like-minded preterists or something?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                On Tweb, definitely. But I haven't meant one preterist outside of Tweb, neither online or in real life, which is odd to me. I take it Tweb was originally started with like-minded preterists or something?
                                the original owner was a preterist.
                                -Unknown

I support the :
                                sigpic

Comment