Announcement

Collapse

Comparative Religions 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Comp Religions, this is where the sights and sounds of the many world religions come together in a big World's Fair type atmosphere, without those delicious funnel cakes.

World Religions is a theist only type place, but that does not exclude certain religionists who practice non-theistic faiths ala Buddhism. If you are not sure, ask a moderator.

This is not a place where we argue the existence / non-existence of God.

And as usual, the forum rules apply.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Unitarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Any 'remarkable tolerance' of Christians toward faded over time to ethnic cleansing
    A long history of pogroms and inquisitions from good Christians has that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorching Wizard View Post
      A long history of pogroms and inquisitions from good Christians has that effect.
      Is Hashem a good Christian? According to the Hebrew scriptures, he has had a pogrom against the Jews for centuries upon centuries...

Comment

Your conclusion does not match the linked article.

The very first sentence reads "Jewish heretics (minim, from minuth Hebrew for "heretic") are Jewish individuals..." Heretics are individual Jews that believe certain things. There isn't a single place in that linked article that says that Judaism considers Christianity to be a heresy. All the references to "he" are to Jews.

Judaism has never attempted to control the beliefs of non-Jews.
        Read the article more completely. It lists 'Jesus as a heretic.

It is true that Jews do not make the accusation of heresy outside Judaism, but any Jewish converts to Christianity are considered heretics.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          So in Shunyland folks who believe in a Trinitarian God and that Jesus Christ is God incarnate wouldn't be Christian

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8889[/ATTACH]XXXXXX
          No, Traditional Christianity is predominantly those who believe in a 'Trinitarian God and that Jesus Christ is God incarnate.'

Cheers!!!
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 08-22-2015, 05:14 PM.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

True.

Frank

Comment

Actually Rogue06's statement is completely accurate.
              Oddly accurate, but 'IFins' are meaningless. Something like counting frog hairs.

Frank

Comment

Unitarians are closer to Jesus than Trinitarians in their belief of God.

Trinity doctrine is not clearly taught in the Bible. For example, there is no single verse in the Bible where the third person in the trinity Holy Spirit is called God or worshiped. To the contrary, Jesus made it clearly in Matthew 24:36 that no one knows the hour except "ONLY THE FATHER" Had the third person known the hour, Jesus would not have said "but only the father" that knows the hour in Matthew 24:36.
                Last edited by Same Hakeem; 11-08-2019, 03:19 AM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X