Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Awkward questions, especially for preterists

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentecost View Post
    May I ask why you're choosing to utilize Mormon theologians without noting that they are Mormon, while you self identify as a Christian?
    He does have text in white that says "Of course this is all Mormon nonsense".
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

2. Amen Littlejoe, Pentecost amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good eyesight, Cerebrum.

I figured Darfius was not one to argue with Mormon theologians, since he loves to quote from them.

I figured there was enough in the context to make it obvious that they were Mormon.
    Last edited by Faber; 08-08-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    Good eyesight, Cerebrum.

I figured Darfius was not one to argue with Mormon theologians, since he loves to quote from them.

I figured there was enough in the context to make it obvious that they were Mormon.
    Well, my eyesight is only good when wearing glasses, and even then not as good as it used to be. I'm more surprised they didn't see it in the quote since that highlights it a bit.
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentecost View Post
    May I ask why you're choosing to utilize Mormon theologians without noting that they are Mormon, while you self identify as a Christian?
    I must be dumb as all get out. Could have sworn that citing 2 Nephi would have been a dead give-away.
    και εκζητησατε με και ευρησετε με οτι ζητησετε με εν ολη καρδία υμων

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    I must be dumb as all get out. Could have sworn that citing 2 Nephi would have been a dead give-away.
    Not to mention the brass plates and the ten lost tribes fleeing to beyond the Caucasus Mountains (where they would become Caucasians).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    The king of Babylon presided over the Babylonian exile - the identity of the office holder is not particularly relevant: your point?
    What evidence do you have that this chapter refers to the Babylonian exile? It's also a taunt drafted by God specifically to humiliate a certain individual. I know you preterists don't think understanding God's word is "particularly relevant" while you assign all manner of arbitrary "symbolism" to the text, but my point is that a carelessness with accurate interpretation is the source of your error.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Of course this is all Mormon nonsense.
    I was waiting for someone to suggest that the king in question was Sennacherib, but he was not destroyed on the mountains of Israel. So it can't be him.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Tell me why it matters.
    You need me to tell you why the proper interpretation of Scripture matters? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You're...Christian?

That he would be destroyed? It's a song of taunt, it's hyperbole...
    What is hyperbolic about stating the location of his destruction?

The Pagan Priesthood of Rome. Keeping alive emperor worship, and worship of the Roman Gods.
    Is this something all preterists agree on or are you just making stuff up as you go along? What miracles did the "pagan priesthood of Rome" perform to fool the masses? When was the "pagan priesthood of Rome" captured alive and thrown into the lake of fire?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good eyesight, Cerebrum.

I quoted Joseph Smith once as an expert on the occult, in fact. It was not a positive citation. I know this is asking a lot of a preterist, but try to have a little integrity.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darfius View Post
    I quoted Joseph Smith once as an expert on the occult, in fact. It was not a positive citation. I know this is asking a lot of a preterist, but try to have a little integrity.
    The only post in this thread so far that has lacked integrity is your first response in post #6. I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the term.
    I want something good to die for to make it beautiful to live.