Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Underrated Horror Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    Yikes. Let me clarify, Karloff was in scarface. He plays a rival gangster. Paul Muni plays Scarface. Still was a shock to see Karloff in a non-monster role though.
    It's still news to me. I didn't even know Karloff was in Scarface.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      That makes me think of the "Atrack of the Killer Tomatoes"....
      I used to watch that as a kid (the cartoon tv show, that is).
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        I used to watch that as a kid (the cartoon tv show, that is).
        There was a cartoon show? Sheesh.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          There was a cartoon show? Sheesh.
          Yup, even a video game on the NES.

Looks like the same animation as the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            Yup, even a video game on the NES.

Looks like the same animation as the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
            I was not allowed to watch TMNT, but I was allowed to watch Killer Tomatoes.

My mom still doesn't know why we liked that show so much. I think it was the theme song.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I was not allowed to watch TMNT, but I was allowed to watch Killer Tomatoes.
              For a time, I wasn't either.

My mom still doesn't know why we liked that show so much. I think it was the theme song.

TMNT had a way better theme song. The newest show on Nickelodeon is actually a good show. It's one of the few cartoons on today that I can recommend.

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Had to watch the trailer to see if I had seen it, because it sounds a lot like another movie that came out within the last few years. But I don't think I have seen this one, or if I have I've forgotten everything about it. Will have to check out.

Comment

• Do the Jurassic Park movies classify as horror? We rented Jurassic World this weekend. My wife is still somewhat scared from the original Jurassic Park. Something about being ~5 and watching it from behind the couch with her brother (her parents didn't know).
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Do the Jurassic Park movies classify as horror? We rented Jurassic World this weekend. My wife is still somewhat scared from the original Jurassic Park. Something about being ~5 and watching it from behind the couch with her brother (her parents didn't know).
                      Hah. I don't know. I wouldn't consider them horror, but then again, I wonder if horror fans would consider Jaws horror anymore. At one time it certainly was, but it's pretty tame stuff nowadays.

Comment

Hah. I don't know. I wouldn't consider them horror, but then again, I wonder if horror fans would consider Jaws horror anymore. At one time it certainly was, but it's pretty tame stuff nowadays.
                        At one time Godzilla would have been considered horror. It's even more tame than Jaws IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          At one time Godzilla would have been considered horror. It's even more tame than Jaws IMO.
                          Probably so. I wonder when it stopped being considered horror. When I was a kid in the 70s and 80s his films weren't considered horror (though he was obviously a monster). I mean, we had cartoons and action figures of him, and mom and dad didn't care if we watched old Godzilla movies on UHF. Maybe that all turned around in his later films when he started acting more like a good guy, or when he fought King Kong or something.

Comment

Probably so. I wonder when it stopped being considered horror. When I was a kid in the 70s and 80s his films weren't considered horror (though he was obviously a monster). I mean, we had cartoons and action figures of him, and mom and dad didn't care if we watched old Godzilla movies on UHF. Maybe that all turned around in his later films when he started acting more like a good guy, or when he fought King Kong or something.
                            Doing a search, that seems to be when most people think the change happened. Some describe the original as a horror movie about nuclear war and it's effects.

Comment

• Well, Jurassic Park 3 was pretty horrible, wasn't it?
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                                Well, Jurassic Park 3 was pretty horrible, wasn't it?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X