Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Underrated Horror Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I finally got around to watching Troll 2, and it was gold. It's not underrated (because it really is as bad as everybody says), but at the same time it's so, so good.
    Firstfloor has a movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Firstfloor has a movie?
      Have you ever seen Troll 2? It's a truly unique experience.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

i don't think I have seen Troll 1. I did see Leprechaun. That was truly bad.

leprechaun-original102611.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22386[/ATTACH]
          One of the best parts of the movie is that Troll 2 has nothing whatsoever to do with Troll 1. In fact, the word "troll" isn't used once in the movie; the villains are referred to as "goblins" 100% of the time.

Comment

They're eating her.........andthenthey'regoingtoeatme............ .................................................. ...OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!

Comment

Troll 2 is, no joke, one of the better horror movies I've seen. It borders on masterpiece.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                They're eating her.........andthenthey'regoingtoeatme............ .................................................. ...OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
                I think my favorite quote of the movie, instead of this (arguably its most infamous moment), is:

"A double decker bologna sandwich!"

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22386[/ATTACH]
                  There are even worse movies, Leprechaun in the Hood, and Leprechaun in Space. The first one was actually funny in how stupid it was. Especially how they ended up "killing" him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    Troll 2 is, no joke, one of the better horror movies I've seen. It borders on masterpiece.
                    Folks said the same thing about Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Live News at Six?

Oh ... you said underrated.

Sorry bout that.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Okay, if we're just talking bad horror movies, Hell Comes to Frogtown is my second favorite right after The Car.

Satan's souped up jalopy can't catch a high school marching band in full gear before they reach the very conveniently located cemetery...
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Saw 'The Vampyr' (It's actually a sound film but done primarily as if silent using intertitles) - if i were younger, that would have seriously upset me. It's kinda stylized but that makes it all the creepier. FYI - it's not a damaged copy - the director had it shot through gauze for the effect.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Saw 'The Vampyr' (It's actually a sound film but done primarily as if silent using intertitles) - if i were younger, that would have seriously upset me. It's kinda stylized but that makes it all the creepier. FYI - it's not a damaged copy - the director had it shot through gauze for the effect.
                            Vampyr is such a great film. Truly creepy and so far ahead of anything mainstream Hollywood was doing with comparatively cheesy films like Dracula and Frankenstein at the time. Carl Theodore Dreyer was a filmic genius. I HIGHLY recommend watching his silent film The Passion of Joan of Arc. One of the most moving films of the era. The actress, who does a phenomenal job expressing incredibly realistic emotion (especially for the time), only did this one film, and never acted again. It's considered one of the greatest films of all time, and for very good reason. Both Vampyr and Joan of Arc are some of my favorite films.

Comment