Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Underrated Horror Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adrift
    Being forced to watch a Michael Bay horror film might be it's own horror film.
    But you would still do it. Because you are my friend, and friends do these things for eachother. Besides, how bad could it be?

Originally posted by Adrift
    Freddy's Nightmares was only good when Freddy featured in them, which I think was...what? Once, twice? It bugged the crap out of me that Freddy's Nightmares and the Friday the 13th series never actually featured their namesake's characters. I guess I didn't get the promotional concept of brand recognition back then, not that it helped, since both shows seemed to be on at extremely late time slots that only channel surfing insomniacs would tune into.
    No no, Freddy introduced each story in that series. It was too much. I couldn't handle the corny jokes and crappy stories . Granted Friday the 13th could have used a different title, but who could really get those two confused? And yes, I was one of those channel surfing insomniacs that caught Friday the 13th at midnight!
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse View Post
      But you would still do it. Because you are my friend, and friends do these things for eachother.
      sigh... I'd probably watch it only because I'm a horror film completionist, and I have to watch just about every mainstream horror film that's released.

Besides, how bad could it be?
      Do you really have to ask?

No no, Freddy introduced each story in that series. It was too much. I couldn't handle the corny jokes and crappy stories .
      He did, but I don't count that as actually being in the show. There are only 1 or 2 episodes that are actually about Freddy. The one I remember in particular was, I think, the first episode, which was a bit of a prequel to the films. Showed Freddy getting away with serial killing children on a technicality (I believe it was because the police didn't read him his Miranda Rights, or something ridiculous like that). So the townspeople came together and burnt his hideout down in retribution.

Granted Friday the 13th could have used a different title, but who could really get those two confused? And yes, I was one of those channel surfing insomniacs that caught Friday the 13th at midnight!

Speaking of Freddy. Got to get my picture with Robert Englund last year at Comicon. Really great guy. He totally hammed it up for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift
        sigh... I'd probably watch it only because I'm a horror film completionist, and I have to watch just about every mainstream horror film that's released.
        Well fine then, don't do it for me, do it for your obsession . Though I doubt you will ever have to watch a Michael Bay horror film (sadly). I always wanted to know how many explosions you can actually have in a horror film.

Do you really have to ask?
        No. But I did it to annoy you.

He did, but I don't count that as actually being in the show. There are only 1 or 2 episodes that are actually about Freddy. The one I remember in particular was, I think, the first episode, which was a bit of a prequel to the films. Showed Freddy getting away with serial killing children on a technicality (I believe it was because the police didn't read him his Miranda Rights, or something ridiculous like that). So the townspeople came together and burnt his hideout down in retribution.
        No, you are right. I counted every time he showed up. It was just too much Freddy. I wasn't a fan of that show at all really. Even though this has nothing to do with Nightmare on Elm Street, I was more of a fan of Nightmare Cafe oddly enough. Too bad it was so short lived.

Speaking of Freddy. Got to get my picture with Robert Englund last year at Comicon. Really great guy. He totally hammed it up for us.
        Oh that is really cool. I have always heard he was a good dude. Would love to see him in another show.
        "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

• Robert Englund was also in V. I loved that .character.

I remembered part of my idea. It's Iike Ben with cats instead. I improved it - think Ben meets Drak Pack meets the A Team. Let the unnatural be the goods guys for once.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• An anime by the name of Shikabane is a good one for that. Not so much horror, but you have to wonder if the humans are really morally superior to the vampires.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Parasitic, soulless corpses versus living creatures made in the image of God. If we can't win that one it's time to turn in our badges.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Parasitic, soulless corpses versus living creatures made in the image of God. If we can't win that one it's time to turn in our badges.
                The anime pretty much points to the same conclusion.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  That's it! I'll make an extremely low budget horror video based loosely on my life. It'll have mutated vampire weresquirrels killing off all the members of a theology website I frequent and radioactive kung fu kittens to save the day from the evil squirrel overlord!
                  My brother made a horror movie called "Attack of the 50-foot alien vampires from hell" - it was pretty bad.

Comment

• Zymologist bro, I just got done watching V/H/S 2, and man was it as good as you said! Ride in the Park and Slumber Party were sooo good. Safe Haven was so dang weird, but I enjoyed it.

I think this was much better than the first one for sure. If anyone enjoyed the first V/H/S movie , you gotta see this one. Thanks telling me to see it.

Comment

Zymologist bro, I just got done watching V/H/S 2, and man was it as good as you said! Ride in the Park and Slumber Party were sooo good. Safe Haven was so dang weird, but I enjoyed it.

I think this was much better than the first one for sure. If anyone enjoyed the first V/H/S movie , you gotta see this one. Thanks telling me to see it.
                      I can only remember a few of the episodes from each V/H/S series. The first tape with the succubus type demon-chick was interesting. The second tape I think had that awesome one about the cult that really should have been its own film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                        I can only remember a few of the episodes from each V/H/S series. The first tape with the succubus type demon-chick was interesting. The second tape I think had that awesome one about the cult that really should have been its own film.
                        Those were my two favorites from the first one too. The second tape was Second Honeymoon, which I didn't think was very good. But the succubus tape and the exorcism tape were great.

Comment

Those were my two favorites from the first one too. The second tape was Second Honeymoon, which I didn't think was very good. But the succubus tape and the exorcism tape were great.
                          By second tape I meant V/H/S 2. Sorry for the confusion. Again, I thought that Safe Haven (which you mentioned previously) was the best film on V/H/S 2. Probably the best in the whole series. Second Honeymoon was okay.

Have you guys watched either of the ABCs of Death?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                            By second tape I meant V/H/S 2. Sorry for the confusion. Again, I thought that Safe Haven (which you mentioned previously) was the best film on V/H/S 2. Probably the best in the whole series. Second Honeymoon was okay.

Have you guys watched either of the ABCs of Death?
                            Oh sorry about that. I thought you were talking about the first V/H/S movie. Safe Haven was good, but weird. I liked Slumber Party and Ride in the Park a bit more. I would have loved to see Ride in the Park become a full fledged movie.

I haven't seen ABCs of Death. Were they good?

Comment

Oh sorry about that. I thought you were talking about the first V/H/S movie. Safe Haven was good, but weird. I liked Slumber Party and Ride in the Park a bit more. I would have loved to see Ride in the Park become a full fledged movie.

I haven't seen ABCs of Death. Were they good?
                              They range from very decent to barely tolerable. There's some very unique stuff in them though. Some really good animation. Some really really bizarre stuff, and a lot of dumb stuff too.

Comment

Zymologist bro, I just got done watching V/H/S 2, and man was it as good as you said! Ride in the Park and Slumber Party were sooo good. Safe Haven was so dang weird, but I enjoyed it.

Safe Haven is phenomenal, and totally bizarre.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X